Chapter 27 Flames of Resolve

As Gokudera was breathing heavily, he reached for another stick of dynamite. Before he could do so, he saw Yamamoto dash behind him and swing his katana. When Gokudera turned around, he saw that Yamamoto had cut a shade in half.

"Hmph, thanks. Guess you're not a complete idiot."

"Haha. Is that suppose to be a compliment? In any case, i'd say there's one person more reliable than us. Look."

As Yamamoto pointed a finger forward, Gokudera let his gaze follow in the direction that Yamamoto was pointing at. While the Fairy Tail guild members were in shock, Yamamoto, Ryohei, Hibari, and Gokudera all shared the same thought.

"He did it."

Right before their eyes, the giant mech had stopped its near completion of the Abyss Break

Right before their eyes, the giant mech had stopped its near completion of the Abyss Break. Before they knew it, the Fairy Tail guild along with Homura's friends saw the mech falling onto the ground. However they couldn't celebrate yet. They knew that this fight isn't over.

~Meanwhile~
"Impossible!!!"

As Jose stood up, a look of pure rage was upon his face. Those pieces of trash from Fairy Tail defeated the Element Four. The mere thought of that disgusted him to no end. Not to mention that Verde was nowhere to be seen. As he looked towards the other members of his guild, he had one question.

"Where is Gajeel?!"

"Actually...the truth is...we don't actually kn-"

"I'm right here, Master."

As Gajeel arrived in the headquarters, he dropped a single body onto the ground

As Gajeel arrived in the headquarters, he dropped a single body onto the ground. When Jose looked at the person that Gajeel brought, his eyes widen in surprise as he realized who Gajeel brought to him.

"Lucy? But how?"

"Never underestimate a Dragon Slayer's sense of smell."

"Is she alive? If not, then bringing her here is pointless."

As Jose said that, Gajeel put a hand on his chin in thought. Suddenly he kicked Lucy in her stomach as her body crashed into a wall. Lucy coughed violently as she was gasping for air. Gajeel laughed as he proved that she was still alive. Soon Jose smiled as he held a communication lacrima as he prepared to speak.