11.

a song that fits ↓
two slow dancers by Mitski

I have 2 ear infections but still wrote this chapter bc the grind never stops.

Also thank you so much for 7k reads and 200 followers! I don't know why y'all are supporting me I don't even like my own writing but thanks and enjoy the chapter!! <33

NO CHAPTER NEXT MONDAY BC ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!

✄ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

He pulled me up and grinned, "Yeah, only one."

I rolled my eyes and told him to wait a sec so I could go back to his room to get us both jackets. Searching his drawers, I found a light blue sweatshirt and a black hoodie. I ended up taking the hoodie because I forgot my jacket at home.

After closing all his drawers, I walked back to Midoriya and handed him his sweatshirt.

"I don't want you getting sicker," I stated, "not because I like you, because I don't want to come back here."

"Or maybe you just like me." He smiled while putting on his jacket.

Ignored him and put his hand in mine, "Come on, let's get this over with so I can go to sleep."

I dragged him outside until we were in the middle of the road.

The stars were out but there weren't any clouds and it was colder than I expected. I tied Midoriya's hoodie closer to my skin to make the cold more tolerable. It was warm and smelled like cheap cologne but gave me a sense of comfort I haven't felt in a while.

"You know this is gonna look pathetic if we don't have any music."

"You're right." He paused, thinking about what to do next, "Stay right here I'll be right back."

He ran inside and I sat on the curb while waiting for him. He came back a few moments later with car keys and his phone. He unlocked the car which was in the driveway and climbed into it.

A few seconds passed and a song I didn't recognize started playing.

"Can you put it down?" I asked.

"Why?"

"Because you're playing it too loud and all your neighbours are gonna think we're dating," I explained.

He gave a confused look, "What's so wrong with that?" He asked, turning down the volume a little.

"I'd rather die than be thought of as your girlfriend."

He rolled his eyes then walked back to me, "Come on." He muttered.

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me into his arms. He gently placed his hands on my waist while I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his neck. I wasn't looking him in the eyes, instead, I had my head to the floor. Properly looking him in the eyes would make this a lot tougher than it had to be. I was stiff and nervous and had no clue what he was thinking because I couldn't look up to read his facial expression.

"I still don't know how to dance," I warned him.

"That's fine." He whispered, "Can I dip you?"