Epilogue

I read over the note once more with a small smile. What on earth could he be up to? This morning was a bit different than most, instead of waking up with him kissing me, I woke up to the sound of crinkling paper. Not exactly the warm welcome I have become accustomed to. I smile at that, shaking my head at the thought, I stare at the note.

'Baby G,

Be ready tonight for a surprise, it's a date.'

The simple and straightforward message has left me stumped for the majority of the day. Since I'm a girl, I had to try my hand and do some investigating. Let's just say that I shouldn't change my day job. I did look around to see if there was anything going on to lead to this little surprise. And I've drawn a blank, as far as I can tell it's nothing like a fair. To be fair I don't really think Axel is a fair type of man. I have to chuckle at that and shake my head amused as I set the note down to look around the room.

With the unique wake up call it only stirred my curiosity and restlessness. So the room looks fantastic. I've spent the majority of the morning cleaning the room, bathroom and closet. The bright side to me cleaning up the closet, is I have an outfit to wear tonight. I might as well enjoy it while I'm not the size of a house. Not that I'm complaining. This little bundle of joy can make me as large as an elephant, a house or a whale, it doesn't matter. This baby already means so much to me.

They're like the light at the end of a very, very, dark tunnel, one I never figured I'd be able to get out of. Even after three months, the processing of this all has yet to come to a full standing stop. Will it ever though? If I'm honest, I don't think I'll ever be able to grasp just how much has happened, how it all went down. The lifetime of fear I was so ready to end is gone and strange enough I feel... Empty. Lost would probably be a better word, the pain and suffering that has been going on for years is all just over and it's a relief. One that leaves me so... I don't even know how to put it.

It's like knowing something is wrong with your body but never having an answer, just being told by professionals that you've lost your marbles until one day. One day that one person has an answer, gives you the diagnosis you've needed. Told you you weren't crazy. I'm not crazy, or lost or alone anymore. I shake my head as I sit on the bed with a soft chuckle. The two can't really be compared, but it's the closest thing I can come up with. My phone buzzes making my brow flicker up as I look at the screen.

Oh boy... What has Snake gotten into now? The thought makes me chuckle as I answer. "Hello Snake? What can I do for you?" The deep sheepish chuckle that greets me makes me want to sigh. Oh boy, this is gonna be good. With Snake one never really knows what is going through his head or if he was even really thinking at all.

"Well, funny story, you see it all started with the house I've been working on - no big deal right?" I chuckle softly and give a slight nod.

"Right, no big deal." I agree, earning yet another deep sheepish chuckle. Only the lord ever really knows what that man has gotten into.

"Turns out building a pool is a bit more of a task than I anticipated." I have to pinch the bridge of my nose and fight a smile.

"I see... so, what did you break?" He releases a laugh.

"Angel, have some faith in me will you?" I have to smile and chuckle softly.

"I'm sorry, but I've met you a time or two." He laughs again almost sheepishly.

"But you love me, so it's ok." He points out making me roll my eyes at him. Oh how the times have changed. I still remember meeting him, running in the barn and cussing me out because I was able to get closer to Dozer.