Mothers Wrath III

Ladybug and Chat Noir landed on the roof of a nearby building. They had managed to escape from Mothers Wrath and his small army, by the skin of their teeth, but they made it.

"Our transformation is almost over" Ladybug mentioned when she heard the beep coming from her earrings "Go recharge your Kwami and we'll meet in front of the Fronçoise Dupont in fifteen minutes. We will be needing help with this Akuma."

"Understood, my Lady" then he turned to look at Ladybug "be careful."

"Don't worry, kitty."

A few minutes later, Marinette was running through the streets of Paris. Suddenly, a light flooded the streets and Marinette recognized the warm feeling in her chest, it was the one Mothers Wrath had used earlier. At that instant, Mothers Wrath's voice echoed through the streets of Paris.

"Citizens of Paris, my name is Mothers Wrath, I have come to do no harm. Like any mother, I only want to protect my children, therefore, my protectors and seekers will scour Paris to bring before me those who have harmed our children, if you do not want to get hurt, do not interfere, we will only take those who need to be punished, but my seekers are instructed not to let anyone escape. Stay out of the way and you will not be harmed."

Mothers Wrath's statement made Marinette nervous. Something big was about to happen and Marinette didn't feel ready to deal with it.

"What should I do, Tikki? This is worse than I imagined."

"I know Marinette, but if anyone can beat this Akuma, it's you."

"I don't think I can do this" said Marinette worried, she looked around and saw her Lucky Charm still in her hands "At least not alone."

"You are the guardian now, all Kwamis trust you, I trust you."

Marinette felt her eyes watering, the trust Tikki and the rest put in her was sometimes overwhelming, but today, it was just what she needed to stand up and move on.

A few minutes later.

Ladybug and Chat Noir were on the roof of the Fronçoise Dupont school building. Chat still seemed a bit shaken from their last confrontation with the Mothers Wrath warriors.

"What's the plan my Lady?"

"We can't beat Mothers Wrath, not alone" Ladybug said seriously "I wanted to avoid using our temporary heroes as much as possible, but we have no choice, we need them."

"All of them?"

"All of them" Ladybug confirmed seriously "You get Rena Rouge, Carapace and Pegasus and I'll get the rest."

"My Lady, do you plan to bring Queen Bee? You know it's a risky gamble with her."

Ladybug thought about it for a few seconds, before smiling.

"I won't bring Quee Bee, but I will bring someone worthy of holding the bee's miraculous."

"Understood, my Lady, I trust you."

Ladybug started running across the rooftops, heading for the nearest shelter to the bakery, where Kagami and Chloe were supposed to be. As she moved forward, a few blocks before reaching the shelter, she noticed her two friends, in the middle of the street, looking for something.

"What are they doing here? They should be in a shelter." said Ladybug to herself. Shaking her head, she went down to where the two girls were.

"She has to be here somewhere, how did we lose her? "said Kagami frustrated.

"I don't know, this is ridiculous, utterly ridiculous "complained Chloe " Do you think the Akuma got her?"

"I don't think so, Marinette is smart and quite clever "said Kagami, while Marinette was touched by her friends confidence " At least when she's not being clumsy."