40. I knock the ice from my bones

Once or twice, Mobius asked himself why he didn't just do nothing and let Ravonna prune Loki to dust when the self-proclaimed god first set foot in the TVA, considering the fact Loki had been doing everything in his power to make Mobius' life a living hell ever since Mobius let him in his life.

Or, five times Loki annoyed Mobius by whining about every little thing, and one time he didn't.

///

Pairing: Loki/Mobius again since I'm a sucker for these two.

This was requested by an anon in my tumblr's inbox asking if I could write the 5+1 trope with Lokius where Loki was the worst patient who over-dramatized insignificant, small injuries but hid away and downplayed serious ones. Which I believe is something Loki would actually do. So this one's for you, anon. I hope I did it justice.

Trigger warning for injuries and wounds, although nothing too graphic. Really, most of them are just fluff, and Loki being a little shit.

///

I.

Mobius was in a meeting with the Minutemen about the next mission, when Casey's tapping on the glass wall from outside the room divided his attention away from the subject being discussed. (And it was rare — so rare — to see Casey anywhere that wasn't behind his desk)

Mobius took a quick glance at him, whatever the reason was that brought Casey here, he hoped he'd leave soon, so that the meeting could continue smoothly without anybody disturbing them, but once Mobius made eye contact with him, Casey quickly, urgently made the gesture of beckoning his hand, signaling he was precisely here for Mobius.

And dear lord, Mobius fought the urge to roll his eyes. What could Casey possibly want from him? It wasn't that Mobius resented Casey or anything, but the truth was, he found him somewhat... annoying, at least a little, and they barely ever talked. Mobius had been working with the TVA for as long as he could remember, the same also applied for Casey, but their jobs being so different from each other's simply explained why no more than three sentences were being spoken between the two of them. Or, if Mobius were to be more precise, their lives had never crossed paths until Loki.

Until Loki had to go and, the thought still sounded absurd even in Mobius' head, hang out with him. Not particularly hang out like two buddies hanging out, but Loki would always end up at Casey's office. Why, if Mobius had to guess, he'd say it was because Casey had the Tesseract and a dozen-or-so Infinity Stones kept in his drawer; they were his paperweights, after all.

But the point was, Loki and Casey started to form these type of weird, unlikely friendship, or maybe not outright friendship, but whatever it was, Casey started spending less time behind his desk, where he was supposed to be, and more time with Loki. And since Loki spent most of his time glued to Mobius... well, that somewhat explained why Mobius' life and Casey's suddenly crossed paths with each other.

"What is it, Casey?" He asked, not bothering to pretend to be slightly interested in whatever it was Casey was here for, after he excused himself and walked out the door to meet him.

"You need to come," Casey said urgently, already trying to drag Mobius by the sleeve of his jacket. This time, Mobius did roll his eyes.

"Jeez, just say what's going on!" He protested. Frankly, Mobius expected Casey to say there was a problem with the photocopier, or that someone stole his pen.

"It's Loki," was Casey's answer. And fuck. Oh fuck. In his head, Mobius already expected the worst.

This isn't good. This can't be good. Whatever it is, it can't be good, if it involved Loki.