Chapter 8: Done With The Games

I woke up Saturday morning feeling refreshed and happy, but my mood quickly changed when I thought of Vonté. Unplugging my phone, I rolled on my back. I saw I had a few messages, 1 from Vonté, 2 from Giaro, and 1 from Ryan. I read Ryan's text first.

'Can we do the packet tomorrow?'

The message was so casual as if nothing happened between us. I decided to not text back because I told him how I felt and he rejected me. It would be nice to try and get with him but I don't feel up to it. Him being mad at me of course hurt my feelings, but what really hurt was him saying "I don't want you." How could he say that to me? I could feel my eyes getting moist thinking about it. I then decided to text Giaro back.

'Sorry I went to sleep after school.'

The last person I wanted to text was Vonté. I opened his message then sent a simple 'k' while looking at the info for today's plans. Truthfully, I don't want to go and I don't know why I'm going but..I'm still trying to figure out how to break up with him. I don't want to do it while we're alone because he might have a tantrum. Yet, doing it in public would be difficult too, but I guess it wouldn't be all that bad. He's never been to my house so it's not like he'll sit outside my house watching or something weird.

I sat up in bed and looked around, I thought about going for a jog but didn't really like it. As I turned on my tv my phone vibrated. It was Ryan texting me again, I tried to just look at the message but my freaking finger pressed the message. I knew it showed I 'read' his text but I wasn't going to reply. While flipping through channels my phone vibrated again. I checked my phone to see who it was.

'I saw you read the message. Just reply.'

Why should I reply? He doesn't want me and from what he said I'm not very important. Me texting him back really wouldn't change me not being important. I simply flipped my phone over and decided to ignore the rest of his messages. When I finally found a show, I decided to check how many times he's messaged me, surprisingly he sent me 10 texts just that fast. Still I ignored them, I continued watching the SVU Marathon.

By the 4th episode of SVU I checked my phone, looking at the 30 something messages. Now! When he needs something he wants to talk to me. Fuck that shit, it showed I read his messages and I didn't care anymore. I didn't care if it hurt his feels, I didn't care if he was mad, and I for sure don't care if he finds someone else to help him. Before I could even put the phone back down he called me. Should I answer? Or should I continue ignoring him?

I'll ignore him, it's not like my vote really counts about anything. While the phone violently vibrated I watched tv. When the phone stopped vibrating I moved to the foot of the bed and held my head up with my hands, with my feet swinging in the air. The more I watched tv, the more I forced myself not to think of him.

In no time I was nodding off to sleep again, I placed my head on my forearms while closing my eyes. Right when I felt my body completely relax my phone vibrated again. I'm really tired of him texting and calling me. I tried to ignore it but it wouldn't stop vibrating. I reached over and slide my finger across the screen.

"Hello?!" I yelled into the his ear. For a moment he didn't respond, I went to hang up when he replied.

"Why wouldn't you text me back or answer my calls?" Ryan asked in an angry tone.

"Because I didn't want to, what you want?"

"You don't have to talk to me like that."

"Well I did, so what do you want?" I asked again while changing positions. I could hear him sigh loudly.

"I need your help with this chemistry, I tried doing it by myself all week and I can't do it."

"Oh." Was the only thing I said.