Sad Ending :(

Like all living things, relationships have lifespans; some are just short and end too soon.

•Third Person•

"So, have you made up your mind on if you're staying here or going back to America?" Wilbur asked Schlatt while they were streaming a hardcore word together. This wasn't a heavy topic for the pair because they thought nothing could affect the feelings of each other.

How niave.

It wasn't that they wanted to be apart, at least not that far away so they couldn't see each other often. "I actually already sent in my letter that basically goes through all the legal action to stay here." Replied the American boy. They continued on with gaming and building the new world together, talking about all the future plans they would have for when he got accepted to stay.

Months had passed since the stream and Wilbur brought in the mail as usual as he called Schlatt down to take a look at it to see if any of it belonged to him. Schlatt had picked up two of the seven pieces of mail and retreated back to his room where he was currently editing a video for his channel.

Wilbur, on the other hand decided to just glance at his mail instead of actually reading it as it was mostly ordinary items. The paper, bills, and advertisements. He threw the miscellaneous figures on the coffee table and sat down on his sofa to watch some television and relax after quite a stressful week.

A few hours later, he started on dinner, heating up a pizza in the oven that he didn't even burn it this time. He grabbed a slice and knocked on Schlatt's door telling him food was ready, but there wasn't a response. Wilbur just shrugged it off as he fell asleep, so he decided on finishing his pizza then waking him up. After he was done with his food and cleaning up he slowly opened the recording room's door only to find Schlatt in the corner silently crying.

Wilbur almost teleported to him immediately, hugging and comforting the boy, trying to get him to calm down. After the boy had stopped crying to the point where his breathing was normal, he pointed to the mail where his two letters sat. Wilbur hesitantly got up to go check what the contents of each were. He read every last word of the first letter, one that would bring good news if it weren't for the other note. He was now a permanent resident in the U.K. so for a minute he thought he had tears from the shock of it, until he saw the other mail was from the doctors.

He had been coughing up blood.

For the past year.

The doctors had stated that they would need him in the hospital for a few months to help him, but they said the chances of him having a smooth and speedy recover were slim to zero. Wilbur just sat there, staring at the letter hoping it was just some cruel joke the universe was laying upon him. He waited there for someone to start laughing and make fun of the look on his face.

He waited.

Though no words were said.

Wilbur slowly walked up to Schlatt and sat back down with him, pulling him into his arms while they both just laid there, unable to do anything but let silent tears drop.

.
.
.
.
.

Fast forward to the next day and the boys were at the hospital, they even got to bring cat as a coping mechanism for Schlatt to deal with this stress. The signed at the reception area and the nurse motioned for another nurse to lead us to patient room 308. Schlatt had a weak smile as they were led through the labyrinth of despair. Soon they had arrived at a room with a bed, curtain, vitals, and a comfortable chair for Wilbur to sit in if he visited a lot. The cat got more luxuries then the boys because cat had his own litter, food and water bowls, and a nice lady to clean the utilities and play with him. Seeing that he would be staying here overnight for quite a few nights.

Wilbur had made sure to visit his American boy everyday, until one day he went to the reception only to be met with a solemn look. "You're here for Jonathan, correct? I'm sorry to inform you of this but he's in a temporary coma. He has a fifty fifty chance to wake up from it in a couple days and hopefully with the treatment he's been given make a full recovery..." she paused before going on. "Or he may stay asleep." Wilbur wanted to cover his ears so bad and hope to wake up from this nightmare that held him in a constant state of pain, but he just held back the rain that threatened to fall from his eyes. The lady then handed him a postcard that held writing from Schlatt.
"He wanted me to give this to you, just in case he didn't wake up." The receptionist said, with a smile that seemed so fake that she didn't even try to hide the tear that slipped down her face. Wilbur opened the postcard to see it was from New York, he then started to read it with shaky hands.

Dear Wilbur,
If your are reading this then they have gone ahead and put me in medicine induced coma. I want you to know that when we first got to the room, it reminded me of my first day at school here and how you showed me to all of my classes in that maze of an educational facility, pretty stupid, right? Well I just want to let you know that if I do die, I don't want you to do something stupid and get depressed, instead live your life. Live your life for me too, if you can. I love you more than words can express and I'm fighting for you.

-sincerely, Jonathan.

Wilbur broke down right there and continued to his usual path to the hospital room, where instead of a warm smile greeting him from his beloved, he was greeted with a solemn atmosphere that even affected the cat.

He sat there for hours talking about their future together once he woke up. He would do the same for every day he came there, until it was starting to reach the expectation of him to wake up if everything had gone according to plan. "Please Schlatt, wake up everyone needs you. Minx has been calling your phone everyday waiting for you to respond, so please just wake up and take away everyone's pain." He said, while gripping on to Schlatt's hand. He sat there crying.

He waited all night while holding his hand.

Glaring at the vitals machine he was hooked up to.

One slip up and he's gone forever.

He almost didn't notice when his hand got squeezed back from how scared he was. He almost didn't believe what was happening, but he quickly pressed a button near the bed and two doctors rushed in.

Schlatt was awake.

———————————————

Now I'm sobbing, why do I do this?

It was going to be a much sadder ending, though it still would end in Schlatt waking up.

!IMPORTANT!

HERE WAS ARE NICE LITTLE HEADCANNONS I GOT.

Minx got a plane ticket to go see them as soon as she could.

Wilbur had left flowers in the hardcore world they have together in a chest for when he came back.

Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo got everyone who was friends with Schlatt in a discord call to surprise him.

The cat would lay on Schlatt while he was in his coma.

They got married after this traumatic incident because they were scared of losing each other.

They now send each other postcards if one of them is traveling.