【百六】 dating doyoung

she was hiding it so well, especially from the one person she didn't want to know, but they were too observant and it was only a matter of time until they realized something was different

so now, yingyue was sitting on her bed, her back against the wall with doyoung beside her. he had come in just moments before with curious eyes when he asked, "who's your crush?"

face flushing, the girl pursed her lips and averted her gaze away from him.

"crush? why do you think i have a crush?"

he began to list some of the things he noticed, not leaving out that he believes it's someone in nct.

oh, how badly she wanted to tell him that the feelings of affection she had were for him. though, she knew that it might not turn out the way she hoped.

they often had conversations about relationships (per yingyue's curiosity) and she learned that doyoung wasn't the most interested in being someone's official boyfriend.

"do i know him?" he continued.

yingyue slightly opened her mouth to answer all while weighing her options in her head. she didn't wanna lie to him and say she didn't have romantic feelings for anyone since he'd be able to see right through her. hell, if he asked the right questions, he'd be able to satisfy his curiosity.

instead, she silently nodded her head. doyoung then began to ask a little more about it, knowing not to press too hard to make her uncomfortable.

over the following days, she started to get awfully quiet. it wasn't that she was upset or anything; more so she was occupied with trying to think of ways to confess to doyoung. it's been months since she's realized her feelings and even if he didn't return them, it'd make her feel better to put them on the table than keep them to herself.

since she couldn't quite figure something out, she resorted to asking her other bandmates for advice. other bandmates being jaehyun, taeil, and chenle. an odd trio, for sure, but yingyue considered the first two to be some of the most romantic in the group. chenle just decided to tag along.