Grand Ball (2/2)

"Lord Jin Hustel, and Lady Melanie Alais has arrived!"

The doors open, to reveal the heir to the duchy and a lady from one of the richest families. But that's not their only titles...

"Who would've thought that the young master would go with someone who barely shows themselves to the high society?" a woman whispered.

"Maybe for his money?" Another replied.

"But she's already rich? Maybe Lord Jin needs a wife to inherit the duchy." A man whispered.

Rumours floated around the room, some were positive, and some were negative.

Melanie and Jin heard everything, but simply proceeded to enter together.

"My they look quite stunning." A noble said.

"Don't they?" A man said from behind. 

"Oh my!" The noble was surprised, "Lord Cyro!" 

Cyro chuckled before rushing towards Melanie and Jin.

"Wow, look at you two. If it was me entering with Lady Melanie, It'd be a much extravegant entrance." Cyro teased.

"Are you saying you're better than me?" Jin replied.

Cyro scratched his ears and started looking around, completely ignoring Jin.

"Who are you looking for?" Melanie asked.

"Where are your twins?" He replied.

"Oh, now that I think about it..." Melanie said as she looked around. "Over there." She pointed at the food area.

The twins entered before them, only high nobles get their names announced during entrances. They already got a head start on the snacks.

"Look at those kids~" Cyro laughed. "Ah, until when are you two gonna keep holding hands like that-" 

Melanie and Jin immediately seperate from their locked arms, and looked away embarassed.

"Ohh?" Cyro continued to tease.

"Why do I feel like I'm missing something?" Melanie mumbled.

"What did you say?" Cyro said.

"Nothi-" She was cut off.

"His Majesty the emperor, and his imperial highnesses has arrived!" 

!!!

The big doors opened, revealing the main characters of the ball... The Imperial Family.

Melanie blocked her eyes with the back of her hand because they were so...

"How radiant!" A woman said

"Are they human?! They look so gorgeous!" 

"His majesty is growing old, yet he looks nothing like his age!"

"The princess and prince look so stunning!"

Compliments filled the room, everyone was astonished by them.

"I can't see anything." Melanie said. 

"I wish you were joking, but they are truly stunning." Jin replied.

"Thank you all for coming here today. I am quite excited for this grand ball, and I won't say much. I just want everyone to enjoy!" The emperor said outloud.

The brightness was dimming down, everyone was getting used to it.

'Peter is a spitting image of His majesty... He looks just fine though, I thought he was sick?' Melanie thought.