Sweetheart Xiao

"Why do you need to know that? Planning to ambush me? Dream on" Xiao assumed "No! It's just that the Inn only has one room with one bed left and (Name) needs a place to sleep" Aether said.

"Can't I just share with-" Aether cuts you off by covering your mouth with his hand "So he needs a place to say but why me? For all you know I could kill him tonight"

"Let's just say I trust you with his life" Aether shrugged 'Gosh , what a nice brother' you rolled your eyes at him.

Before Xiao could say no , Aether left to go back to his room with a simple "See you tomorrow (Name)!" and a giggle.

Xiao sighed and you see him pinch he bridge of his nose "Fine, let's just get this over with" he said as he suddenly picked you up bridal style making you yelp in supprise.
Line
He teleports to his room and puts your down.

The room was great but you could tell it isn't used that much "You could use the bed, not like I'll use it anyways" He scoffed "Could I ask where the bathroom is? I wanna wash up first before going to bed" you asked.

He points to where the bathroom is and you quickly go there.

You locked the door and started to undress, 'He seems so annoyed with me , is he really Aether's friend or it's a one sided friendship?'

------------------------------

You used your powers to change into new and fresh clothes.

You went back into the room and didn't see Xiao anywhere so you head to the bed and layed down not even bothering to use the blanket since you were too tired from the adventure you and Aether did today.

You were starting to drift off when you felt someone cover you with a blanket and tuck you in, this made you smile with your mind and comfortably drift off to dream land.

------------------------------

You woke up with all warm and comfortable in the blanket , you could still remember from last night when someone tucked you in.

You knew this was Xiao and is happy since you now know that he doesn't despise you just like you thought.

You got up and went to the bathroom to change into your everyday clothes , just like yesterday , you used your powers.

------------------------------

You got out of the bathroom and saw Xiao leaning on a wall with his arms crossed.

"You done?" he asked, you replied with a nod.

He walked towards you and picked you up again but this time you did not help, he teleported both of you back to the balcony and you saw Aether waiting.

Xiao puts you down and Aether hugs you "I'm glad you're not hurt" Aether cheered "That I'm not hurt? You just said last night that you trust Xiao with my life" you noted.

"Yeah , I trust Xiao with your life but I don't trust him to not do anything not innocent to you" Aether smiled widely and wiggled his eyebrows.

You realize what he was talking about and blushed madly, you punch his stomach making him grunt in pain "We don't even know each other that much!!" you reminded him "There's a thing called "Love at first sight" you know" Aether chuckled.

You sigh at Aether's childishness , Xiao was just staying quiet while watching you two squabble with each other.

"That aside , what do you think of (Name) , Xiao?" Aether asked "he's.....fine" Xiao hesitated "Well just tell me Xiao if you wanna be my brother-in-law, I need to check if you're qualified enough to protect (Name)" Aether instructed.

"If I'm qualified enough? Are you questioning my strenght?" Xiao asked 'Is he angry? Annoyed? I don't know anymore but I do know that Aether is using his temper against him' you thought.

"I trust you Xiao with his life but I'm not sure if you're experienced enough to take care of him for the rest of his life, you'll DISAPPOINT him" Aether teased 'yup, he's using Xiao's temper against him'

"Just watch. I'll take care of him as if my life depended on him" Xiao hissed towards Aether, Aether just returned it with a laugh. Xiao walked towards you and cupped your cheek "if you ever need me then call out my name, I'll be there before you know it" Xiao softly said before he teleported away.

You touched the cheek he just cupped "Did.....did he just become soft to you? Didn't expect that since I was only teasing him" Aether was astonished and so was you. This was the first time someone other than Aether and Lumine who was soft towards you and actually cared.

It made your heart flutter and you feel a 'badump' . You feel your cheeks flare up but you didn't even bother hiding it , still in astonishment.

Aether brought you back to reality when he tapped your shoulder, "Sorry to take you out of your lovey dovey land but we need to continue our journey" Aether said and you slowly nodded.

You still couldn't believe Xiao did that but you needed to snap out of it for the sake of time.

------------------------------

As you left the Wangshu Inn, you heard a quiet voice said "take care" , you knew this was Xiao by the tone of his voice "i'll say your name if I need anything" you mumbled quietly so Aether won't hear.

"So where are we going next Aether?" you asked "We're going to Dragonspine next, it's really cold there so I suggest using your magic to put a heat barrier around you to keep you warm" Aether suggested "what about you?" "I need to train my body to get used to the cold since I don't have powers anymore"Aether answered.

"Don't say that , we'll find Lumine and get your powers back" you said "Yes yes, then go back home" Aether agreed

"Aether I'm not going home......."