Chapter 12

* Thank you all so much for your lovely comments, stay safe everyone!*

I've taken the lives of so many people so telling a single truth wouldn't be so hard right? I'm the top assassin of the entire world from my past life, I know a language that only my child and I would ever understand. So telling a single man this secret doesn't mean much to me.

And yet why do I give a shit about his opinion when I flat out denied him anything just a few months prior to tonight. Yea I value my life and hate to give myself to anyone but I didn't think this life would be much more meaningful.

When I first came to this world, Azaroth gave me a mission to care for our daughter until she is of age then leave and explore what this world has to offer. That was the plan and I've never been known to fail a mission.

But who here knows of my former name, of my former occupation. So why do I care whether this mission is a failure or not. I didn't expect all these variations of living here. I didn't expect to grow used to Iris who has always been by side helping me care for Emmy, who'd of thought I considered Iris of all people my first friend.

Feya, Elezen and now my father in law, Dante, are considered family to me. Feya and Elezen helped me never feel too alone in this world when Azaroth was unable to accompanied me in his spare time. And for that I could not thank them enough.

My siblings, the people who see me as an older sister. Over this short amount of time, I have grown to love and care about their well-being so much the fear of telling them the truth eats away at my conscious every day I see them.

And my daughter, I could have never expected how easy it was to love her. I will forever hate myself for ever having consider her just another mission I'd have to complete when she is much more then that.

I've come to accept them all so easily as my family and friends because I was so deprived of having this sense of family growing up. I've always craved this feeling and now that it's within my grasp I don't ever want to abandon it.

I used to say that I don't need such things as emotions and weaknesses but living this second life I can say without a doubt I don't want to ever go back to my past life.

And that all starts with Azaroth tonight. The man who had effortlessly woven his way into my heart and soul whether I liked it or not. I first thought he was a bland handsome man I was stuck with for a certain amount of years but now that couldn't be further from the truth.

I wish to pursue a proper relationship with him instead of my old habits of having one night stands. But it would be unfair to him to continue whatever it is we have until I tell him the truth.

And whether or not what he feels for me is simply because I was the mother of his child or that he simply feel it's his duty to produce children for his kingdom.

Whatever else consumed my mind stopped as the door opened, revealing Azaroth who openly showed concern as who solely closed to door behind. He reached for me but stopped as I put my hand in front of me.

"Emmy is being cared for. Please, Azaroth let us have a sit first".

He paused for a moment wanting to speak but gave in and say across from me. I placed a hand over my heart hoping it'll be me some comfort yet none had come.

I gazed at the night sky for a moment gazing over the nightlights and swallowed deeply. This was the first time I've felt this way and hope I can never experience it again.

"Do you remember the night our daughter was born?"

"As if it were yesterday", he immediately responded and tried to reach for my hand.