𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 26

╔══════════════════════╗

 ─── ❤❤ ─── 
Outgoing call: not answered
8:20 p.m

[surname]

Where did you
go?

Outgoing call: not answered
8:22 p.m

Where are you

Pick up

Outgoing call: not answered
8:24 p.m

Baby pls

Pick up the call

╚══════════════════════╝

Akaashi rubbed his nose, his cheeks were tinged with blossom pink after calling you 'baby'.

He always wanted to call you with pet names, but it's easier said than done because he would get easily embarrassed afterward. It came out so suddenly because he's worried about his girlfriend.

He grew more restless and resumed his search around the district, asking around the officers he met along the way.

You hadn't left Shinjuku. You were just in a long trudge to wherever the road took you.

You never wished to run away. Everything just happened so fast that you hardly knew what to make out of the situation. You didn't want to go back yet. You couldn't face anyone at the moment. There's still a lot you needed to process.

You had been walking for twenty minutes with a literal gut-wrenching feeling. You felt like throwing up and your hands couldn't stop twitching. You felt like losing it every time your mind wandered back to your dad.

He was enjoying the evening and you were upset for the reason he was happy. He was happy for spending it with his new family. The more you studied the woman, the more convinced you were that she wasn't as bad as you might have thought.

She was amiable, to begin with. She radiated a mother-like warmth that made you go "she's a good person and I know it" and it's not some pretended act.

Was she the same woman your father had the affair with? She made your dad laughed more than he ever could when he was at home. The kid was no longer a baby. So how long had they been going?

Your short breathing gave a smothering sensation. Like two beefy hands were strangling you from the back.

You pulled out your phone and finally answered the calls you had been getting.

"Thank goodness you answered. Where are you? I'll come to you right away."

"Ah..." your voice came out as a croaky whisper. You looked around the area, "I'm in front of this clothing store."

Akaashi fled the neighborhood he was in to get to the place you described. To his relief, he found you at the exact location.

He scurried over and gave you a hug.

"Oh, you're okay."

He brushed your head, to which you paid no heed. Still, it was nice to receive his touch.

"I'm sorry I disappeared. Akaashi," you squeezed the hem of his shirt, "I want to go home. Please?"

"Okay, baby. Let's go home."