𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 27

Akaashi eventually went home after a persistent persuasion. Truth to be told, you were unhappy with what you saw that evening.

You spent a considerable amount of time in the shower even if you had planned to make it brief.

With no motivation to finish it shortly, you sat on the ceramic floor, hugging your knees together right under the showerhead. You let the warm water poured over you as you created a safe place in your own tiny world.

It's just you now, all alone like it had always been. Your parents went their separate ways and that was it. You turned a blind eye for so many months when it had always been that simple.

If this was how it ought to be then you should start accepting these circumstances. It won't change anything by mulling over the irreparable. Especially about something that was not destined to be together from the start.

Everything won't turn out all right and it's fine. You will grow stronger than you were before.

──────────

The first couple of days might have been difficult for you to cope with. The team mentioned your sullen appearance to Akaashi in every practice because they suspected you two had a fight.

Akaashi clarified their speculation with a simple statement: you were failing your cram school and might have to take extra arduous classes. A made-up story that served as enough answer for the boys.

Time flew by when you had your caring boyfriend to take care of you.

Everything was normal again and you hardly remember what you saw at the parade three weeks ago.

You entered the gym again for practice. You picked up a pace to help the others prepare the court and dragged the ball cart out of the storage room.

While doing so, something felt distinctly off that urged you to count the members manually. Just then, you realized the exuberant team captain was missing.

You sauntered over to Onaga who was mopping the floor.

"Where's Bokuto-san?"

"Over there."

Your gaze followed his finger that was pointed to a table at the side of the gym. A fully-grown teenager curled up like a frightened kitten, forcing its tall muscular body to fit in the low space underneath.

You understood the strange demeanor. Bokuto would hide in tight spaces whenever he was feeling blue and he won't come out until he felt like it.

"Oh no... where's Akaashi?"

Your first instinct was to search for the immediate treatment, which could only be done by the vice-captain.

"The teacher called him earlier. Something about his paperwork?"

"[surname], can you please help with Bokuto's mood? So that when Akaashi comes back, we could start the practice promptly," Washio urged.

"Yeah. I think it's also better for you to talk to him. It'll worsen his situation if coach scolds him," Konoha added, giving you a confident pat on the shoulder.

You walked over to the table and hunkered down, peeping under the table. His face was hidden between the knees so you couldn't tell his expression.

You weren't an expert at this type of stuff. It had always been Akaashi to handle it, everyone including you just went along to help.

"Are you okay, Bokuto-san?"

He shook his roughly squashed head.

"Do you want to talk about it?"