June 24, 2021 - Join #WattpadSpeaks: Written With Pride

Hi Wattpadders,

In honour of Pride Month, we'd love for you to join us for our upcoming #WattpadSpeaks event "Written With Pride" happening on Tuesday, June 29 at 1:00-2:00pm EST.

This intimate virtual conversation is part of Wattpad's Pride Month celebration to support, elevate, and listen to LGBTQIAP+ communities of readers and writers all over the world. During this event, indie authors Idris GreyIdrisGrey / Girls Chase Girls, Sondi Warner, Sondi_Is_On / Lead Me Astray, and Philline Harms, writing00introvert / Never Kiss Your Roommate will explore the importance of reshaping and reclaiming how LGBQTIAP+ communities are portrayed in literature, and how each writer uses creativity to explore their own identity. A 45-minute panel will be followed by a Q&A.

Have a question for Idris, Sondi or Philline? Tweet us @wattpad with the hashtag #WattpadSpeaks for a chance to have your question answered during the panel. 

How to Attend: 

- Sign up on EventBrite 

- And watch live on our YouTube Stream (click on the "bell" icon to "Set Reminder" and get a notification when it starts!)

About the Panelists:

Idris Grey IdrisGrey is a Wattpad Star, Publishers Weekly book reviewer, and trained culinary professional. She's also the author of Girls Chase Girls on Wattpad. She specializes in recipe creation, sensitivity and authenticity reading, podcast development, and writing multicultural stories featuring mostly LGBTQIA+ characters. Idris's stories are quirky and full of banter, gorgeous locales, and delicious food — not to mention a touch of magic.

Sondi Warner Sondi_Is_On is the author of Lead Me Astray, a supernatural polyamorous romance with over 142,000 reads on Wattpad. When not writing, Sondi loves studying astrology, trying her hand at gardening, and painting. She lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, with her life partner, their four children, and their cat, Se7en. Her book Lead Me Astray, will be published by "W by Wattpad Books" in Winter 2022!

Philline Harmes writing00introvert, has been writing from the age of eleven and since joining Wattpad in 2016 her stories have garnered over five million reads. When she's not working on a story, Philline can be found curled up with a book, spending time with her friends, or crafting obscurely specific Spotify playlists. Philline is currently a university student residing in Germany. Her book, Never Kiss Your Roommate, is available for purchase now via Wattpad Books.

Moderator:

As Wattpad's Social Media Manager, Tyler Keating spends his days obsessing over the latest trends and pop culture, creating content, and scouring the web for innovative new ways to engage millions readers and writers around the world. Prior to Wattpad, Tyler studied Media Production at Toronto's X University and gained entertainment industry experience as a Creative Media Specialist for The Feldman Agency, one of Canada's leading talent agencies in live music. Whenever he's not working, you can find Tyler cycling through the streets of Toronto, listening to his favourite pop anthems, and trying any new recipes and restaurants that are going viral on TikTok.

We hope you'll join us for this inspiring event!

- Wattpad HQ