Baseball Game | 61

January 5th

Ahhhhhhh, unmmmmm, ehhhhhh, ughhhhhhh, uhhhhhhhh, aghhhhhh, I have to go to a baseball game thingyyyy.

I don't know anything about baseballllll, but apparently, Harley loves it so I have to endure it. Buuuut we are bringing Chrissy because she's never been to one before and Harley claimed that that's a form of child abuse. I agreed because she looked so excited but I of course had to go online to see exactly where we were sitting so I could calculate the possibilities of us getting hit with flying balls or bats.

Yes I actually did go through the trouble of doing that... don't judge me.

So here I am on my way to the tower with Chrissy to get Harley.

We get to the tower and ride up the elevator and I let Chrissy press the useless buttons that Tony installed for me and Harley. Normally I'd press the buttons but I'm a nice brother.

When the elevator dings and the doors slide open, we walk out into the living room where only Nat, Steve, Tony, Scott and Clint are.

"Oh hey Pete, Harley's getting ready, he'll be right out" Tony says and I nod.

"Hey Pete" Clint says but his attention as well as Scott's is on the screen as they both play some sort of game.

"Hey guys" I say with a wave, and smile slightly.

"Peteyyy I'm fucking freaking out, what if I get hit by a baseball?!" Harley exclaims as he comes out his room and I laugh slightly at his worry.

"There's about a 0.9 to 1.8% chance of that happening depending on where you sit so you can stop freaking out" I say amusedly and he frowns.

"How the fuck do you know that?" He says with slight amusement.

"I calculated for the statistics of each seat or vicinity, factoring the angles and trajectory of the baseball once it's hit by the bat and of course I didn't forget about the force and momentum that's used so I'm almost 100% certain that my calculations are correct" I explain then notice his confusion.

"You have no idea what I'm saying do you?" I ask in amusement.

"Nope, not in the slightest" he says cheerily with a grin and I smirk.

"Neither" Chrissy shrugs.

"My bird buddy is here!" Clint exclaims and his distraction causes him to lose the game he pouts while Scott throws his arms up in victory.

"Thanks for that kid!" Scott grins at Chrissy, giving her a high five as she just laughs.

"Hey Pete I'm surprised you're going to this game, didn't think you could sit and watch something for that long" Tony says jokingly and I frown slightly.

"Wait how long is it?" I ask, raising a brow.

"The game itself is 3 hours, but you need to go early to get to your seats and stuff" he shrugs and my jaw drops.

"THREE HOURS?!" I exclaim with wide eyes and they all just laugh.

"Oh gods, please film anything stupid he does, there's gonna be a lot of his weird ADHD... episodes" Nat says with a smirk while I pout.

"I'm regretting ever agreeing to this" I sulk but Harley just slings his arm around my shoulders with a grin.

"You'll love it bubs" he says and I groan.

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and just go, and hey maybe I'll like it...

***

Okay I don't like it.

I've been sitting in this seat for ages and I'm pretty sure I've been here for wayyyyy longer than 3 hours!

There once was a ship that went to sea the name of that ship was a Billy O' Tea. The winds blew hard, her bow dipped down. Blow me bully blow.

SOON MAY THE WELLERMAN COME TO BRING US SUGAR AND TEA AND RUM-

"Peter!" Harley says clicking his fingers in front of me.

"Aww blue I was vibing in my head" I pout and he laughs.

"You're gonna miss the best part!" He says turning back to the game as he talks with Chrissy. She seems to be enjoying it, don't ask me how I dunno.

I look over to the huge field thingy, just as the dude with the bat hits the ball, is that a good thing or not? I dunno, but it looks like fun, I wanna hit someone with that bat. That would be hilarious.

Wait where the heck did the ball go? Oh shit, it's coming right at us! But I calculated the odds! This is near enough impossible!

Even worse, it's going directly at Chrissy's face, I stick my hand in front of her and catch it, it only just misses her but I sigh in relief. Though it stung my hand like a mother fucker.

"Fuck, you okay Smalls?" I ask her, grabbing her shoulders lightly, quickly looking over her just in.

"I'm fine! That was awesome! You caught the ball!" she says with a wide smile and I just shrug.

"Yeah I did" I say.

For some reason I see myself on the screen thingys, that's kinda creepy.

A bunch of people give me high fives n' shit, I have no idea why.

I hand the ball to Chrissy, I mean it's not like I want it and it makes her happy so why not.

"Pete you okay? That was quite close, and it has to one of the hardest battings I've seen" Harley says in concern, grabbing my hand and examining it. It's super numb and I can't move my fingers all that well.

He then points over to the field where I see the dude with a broken bat, it literally split in half, no wonder that stupid ball hurt so much.

"My hand is fine Harls" I say reassuringly with a laugh and give me that look, that knowing look.

"Peter, you might've broken something" he scolds and I shrug.

"Oh well" I say and he glares slightly.

"Fine, I'll get Bruce to look at it when we get back" I say with a sigh.

"And you're sure it doesn't hurt too much?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah, calm down Harls I hardly felt it" I say with a shrug and he sighs.

"Fine, but tell me if it starts to hurt any more" he says and I nod.

"Sure thing" I laugh.

———

Umm, yaaa another oneee, I'm in class rn soooo y'all better be thankful I'm updating!

Word Count: 1050

Shrug Count: only 3! 😁

- mayaaa ✌🏼