Chapter 9- Wine

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

This chapter doesn't seem like it but this is a slowburn story so do not expect them to be together soon! There is lot of tension but it will take time...

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I love you, bye.

Amara Thorne

I slip the thin straps of my silver silk dress over my shoulders and stroke the soft fabric again that hugs my body in a comfortable way. It reaches down to my knees and has a waterfall neckline which shows the thin golden necklaces that I chose to wear.

I take my matching rings and earrings from the sink and put them on. Afterwards I look in the mirror and smile at the work I have done. Because of the heat outside I decided to put on a natural make-up look and my blond hair is curled, a few strands hanging in my face while I have pinned part of my hair back with a hair brooch adorned with a diamond-studded snakehead.

Snakes were always my favorite animals because they are so elegant and beautiful, and I think that they are so underestimated and are always brought into context with something bad.
They are so much more than that and that is the reason why I wear a lot of jewelry with snake-details on them.

I turn around and open the door, walking back into my new bedroom, I moved into yesterday.

It is completely kept in dark green and gray shades and there are small golden details throughout the room. The ceiling is very high and there are also two small chandeliers. My room offers a perfect view on New York's skyline that I can admire for hours.

I sit down on the gray bench that is standing at the end of the king-sized bed and look in the mirror that is directly opposite. I put on the shoes that a maid placed in front of the bed earlier the day.

To match the dress and the jewelry, I opted for sparkling lace up heels that make my currently tanned legs look longer.

After Adriano had left yesterday, I was offered to let an employee lead me to my room and to let him unpack my stuff and I accepted. After I was completely alone, I changed into more comfortable clothes and just laid on my bed for hours listening to music until I fell asleep. 

When I woke up this morning, two maids had already been waiting for me and immediately brought breakfast to my bed. Like the day before I spend the entire time in my room and talked to Vivian on the phone, bringing her up to date.

She also told me about how it is now for her to live alone for the first time. Vivian moved into her own apartment a few weeks ago to have more freedom. Of course, she always has guards who make sure that she is safe, but she still has more control over her life, and I am very happy for her because I am the last person on earth who wants to lock her up.

She should enjoy life and the freedom she gained back but suddenly our conversation was interrupted as one of my maids knocked on my door and told me that Adriano would be back soon. Then I showered and got ready, taking extra-long to annoy him and waste his time.

When I have finished putting on my shoes I get up and look again in the mirror opposite the bed and take the golden-shimmering bag that is lying on my dresser.

I open the door of my bedroom and see that one of the security guards that I saw yesterday is standing there, waiting for me.

"Good evening, Ms. Thorne. Mr. Calvetti is already waiting for you on the rooftop of the penthouse, where you will have dinner. I am here to bring you up safe.", he greets me, without showing any face expressions.