twenty four

Lalla held onto Obi-Wan's waist, the Boga racing down the street as they avoiding the clones easily. Lalla was basically hyperventilating, knowing she shouldn't have left Ani on his own.

The Boga came to an abrupt stop, Lalla and Obi flying forward a bit as the clones jogged over to them.

"Commander, contact your troops. Tell them to move to the higher levels" Obi-Wan commanded quickly, the clone nodding curtly as he went to grab something from his belt.

"I think you'll be needing this" He said as he handed Obi-Wan his lightsaber. Obi took it, sending Cody a grateful smile as he placed it on his belt.

"Thank you Cody. Now let's get a move on, we've got a battle to win here" Obi-Wan said, giving Cody one last nod as Lalla sent him a small smile.

Lalla held onto Obi-Wan's waist even tighter as the Boga began to run up the small path. She narrowed her eyes a bit, knowing that whatever was coming was not going to be good.

"Obi do you feel that?" She asked, squeezing his waist a bit.

"I do" He said as he placed a hand on hers. He held the reins with his other holding on as they scaled the wall easily. Before either could react they watched the rock in front of them explode. Both of them went flying out of the saddle immediately.

Lalla kept her grip on Obi-Wan as tight as she could as she got thrown but they got separated in mid air. Lalla felt genuine fear for the first time in a long time as they fell. She couldn't even look at Obi-Wan as they fell toward the water, her mind becoming blank as she tried to figure out what to do.

She felt herself hit the water, pain rippling through her body as she held her breath. She looked at Obi-Wan through the dark water, the fear in his eyes making her want to cry. He mentioned for her to follow him quickly, both holding their breath easily as they began to swim. Lalla felt the immense pain in her chest, in her heart as they swam. She knew at that moment that whatever was happening to the other jedi, to her family, was something that was horrible.

She watched as Obi-Wan looked back, handing her a breathing device as she quickly took it, relieved that she could breathe once again. They swam slowly, Obi-Wan leading them toward what looked like a cave. Obi surfaced first, grabbing onto the rock as Lalla followed.

She took the breathing device and quickly put it on her belt, looking toward Obi-Wan with fear-filled eyes.

"What's happening" She asked, the pain in her voice making Obi-Wan's heart break.

"I don't know" Obi-Wan replied with hesitation, the sadness in his eyes making Lalla need to look away. They started to climb quietly, knowing that there would be droids looking for them already. Lalla shivered a bit, everything on her still soaked as she pushed the sadness to the back of her mind for the time being.

She tried her best to keep her grip on the slippery rocks. She stayed quiet, knowing that there must be droids out looking for them already.

Lalla had to bite her the inside of her cheek, her eyes narrowing as she followed Obi-Wan. She felt her fingers start to callus a bit. Stopping to shake each hand out for a moment. She looked back as she did so, her eyes scanning over the water. The water looked peaceful.

She fought the urge to close her eyes, to try and get in contact with Anakin. She moved her gaze up, looking toward Obi-Wan as he stared down at her.

He sent her a subtly nod, her eyes fluttering shut as she took a deep breath.

"Ani?"

"Ani it's Lalla"

"Anakin we're coming to help"

"Please let me know if you're safe"

"I'm worried about you"

Her eyes opened, Obi-Wan looking at her with hopefully eyes. She just nodded, a grim look making its way onto her master's face. The two continued climbing, Lalla focusing as much as she could.

"I love you"

Lalla stopped suddenly. Anakin's voice filled her head suddenly, her eyes widening.

"I'm safe"

Her lip trembled a bit, continuing to climb as she held onto his words, onto his voice.

Lalla had always loved Anakin's voice, finding it very comforting. Ever since he began talking she was always listening intently.

But when his voice had filled her mind before it was different. It wasn't the comforting voice he grew up with. It was a voice that sounded like it wanted to do something evil.

"Did you find Kenobi or Skywalker?" They heard Cody asked, the Jedi exchanging annoyed looks as they leaned against the wall.

"Sir, no one could have survived that fall" A different clone pointed out as Cody sighed.

"We need to find Skywalker, and you better hope she's alive" Cody said as his voice faded. Lalla looked at Obi-Wan, his eyes already on her, looking just as confused as she felt. She felt Obi-Wan take her hand, pulling her away quietly as they crept past the clones.

They ran down the dirt path hand in hand quickly, and quietly. Neither having much to say as they spotted the ship that Grevious' body was still laying next to. They both ran toward it, knowing this would be their only way off the planet.

Lalla climbed in after Obi-Wan, sitting on his lap as she put her head on his shoulder. If Lalla wasn't struck with grief she probably would've found this moment special.

She watched as Obi-Wan grabbed the controls, the ship quickly taking off as they made their exit from the planet.

"Emergency code 913. We have no contact on any frequency" Obi-Wan said as they left the atmosphere. Lalla took as deep breath, closing her eyes briefly as she tried to push the sadness away.

"Master Kenobi" A distorted voice said, Lalla's eyes shooting open as she looked at the glitchy hologram.

"Repeat" Obi said quickly

"Master Kenobi" Senator Organa said again. Lalla held her breath as she watched the senator.

"Senator Organa. My clone troops turned on us, we need help" Obi-Wan explained quickly, Lalla nodding a bit.

"We have just rescued Master Yoda. It appears this ambush has happened everywhere. We're sending you our coordinates" The senator said quickly, the hologram disappearing right after.

"I can't believe this" Lalla mumbled as Obi-Wan sighed.

They stayed silent as Obi-Wan made sure the coordinates were in correctly, both really having nothing to say. This was so unbelievable.

"Jumping into hyperspace" Obi mumbled, Lalla biting the inside of her cheek. She felt her eyes flutter a bit as the blue light surrounded her, the silence in the small space almost deafening.