seven

scary movie.
chapter seven

THE TRUTH OF THE AFTERLIFE WAS A TALE UNTOLD

THE TRUTH OF THE AFTERLIFE WAS A TALE UNTOLD. People believed there to be a celestial realm to avoid the true misery of life after death, the human race refused to acknowledge the void of nothingness once the heart stopped pumping. Cherry Valentine had always concluded that people wanted to have an afterlife, a better place to be, rather than accept the life that was given to them. Human beings refused to accept that perhaps life on earth was the great heaven they wished to reach someday. In the real aspect of things, everyone was but slaves put to work on a burning rock that floated through a large scale of nothingness, amongst other plants and burning stars. There was already a blackhole that surrounded each human life.

There was no way to cheat death, and Cherry Valentine knew that. The girl had accepted that one day her existence would no more, the accomplished soul gifted to her by the so-called heavens themselves would perish. Perhaps that's why she never gave into temptation, the earth deserved to be blessed by the people that made home to it, the feet that walked it's crust, not corrupted by the people it protected. Death was a gift, the true enternal ending, rested peacefully six feet under ground.

Cherry Valentine had been betrayed by the two people she trusted the most in her life. A knife plunged straight into her heart from the hands of someone that same organ skipped a beat for, it ripped through her soft tender skin and the life that still rested behind her eyes watched as the crimson red poured from the forced wound and seeped through the material of her clothes. The energies of the true celestial realm watched as the soul departed her flesh prison. The two boys that forged the death of the girl, left her body behind, lifeless and bound to a chair in the garage.

Cherry Valentine was dead, a  knife through her heart.

Until she wasn't.

Her brain fogged over, her memories of the events that played out after the knife hit her chest were forgotten, erased from her mind. All Cherry Valentine recognised was that two minutes ago, she perished and somehow, some way, she'd been reborn. One thing shadowed the person Cherry had once been, her heart and soul were now tainted by the selfish hands of the earths mankind.

Sacrificing the pure to the devil was something often represented in popular media, a trope that Cherry herself had previously indulged in through the form of horror movies. If there was one thing about teenage boys obsessed with the genre knew, it was that from time to time the plan doesn't develop the way one desires. Offering the pure to the devil is a foul proof plan, until the sacrifice is impure. That was the thing that drew the teenagers to Cherry Valentine, she was untouched, untainted, pure of heart and soul. However, the blood that ran through her veins had been bleeding throughout many ancestors, some who cursed the Valentine family name. It seemed, the ones who came before had tarnished the path of the ones yet to come. Cherry Valentine was thought to grace the earth that homed her, her destiny may have been otherwise.

Her mind was unable to think of anything, perhaps it was the after-effects of the tragedy she had suffered just minutes before. All Cherry could think of was the glass bowl that had held thousands of heart-shaped cherry suckers, the red stained candy that formed her favourite sweet treat, the colour that blemished her skin reminded her of them. Of that same crimson red.

An distant aching pounded throughout her whole body, an unsatisfied feelings that reaped her insides. Cherry Valentine was hollow inside, relatively  carnivorous. The girl once believed to be blessed by the angels themselves felt a craving for the taste of something that once bumped through her own veins, into the heart that once heaved in her chest. The girl wanted the sweet taste of blood. It rushed thorough her airways and rotted her insides, the house of two killers was destined to satisfy her needs.

Footsteps approached the garage that held the previously decaying body, the steps belonging to the two deranged teenage boys. The wooden door opened to reveal the dark blood stained floors and an chair, that once was accompanied by a body, now empty. The two boys looked around in confusion, in question as to how the first sacrifice had disappeared under their noses. How a girl stabbed through the heart could have escaped the furniture that held her. A creak in a floorboard sounded behind the two boys, the two turned their heads to be met with nothingness.

They both turned their heads at another sound, from the direction they were previously faced. "Who wants to play psycho killer?" Cherry Valentine asked.