𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓹𝓽

3rd person pov

3rd person pov

"E-Excuse me" colin said to a passing guard, stuttering with nerves, "do...do you know where queen Mary's chambers are?...I-I have a letter to d-deliver"

"Um yes...it's down that hall to the left...I believe the door to the right..." the guard spoke, before carrying on with his duties, unintentionally sending the boy to the wrong room.

Colin continued down the hall, following the instructions the guard had given him, leading him to the bedroom of Arabella, who was  laying on her chest, asleep in her bed, her head turned to the side with her hair shielding her face slightly.

The boy crept into the room and crawled onto the bed slowly, noticing that it was the wrong royal too late, the darkness of the room as well as the princesses position as she laid concealing her identity until the last moment.

Arabella woke with a scream, finding colin over her in her bed, and had a hand shoved over her mouth to try and quiet her.

"Your grace, please! Your grace, please!" Colin begged as Arabella tried to push him off of her, him scrambling off of the bed.

"No! G-guards!" The girl called out, starting to cry slightly and covering her mouth in shock.

"Forgive me! I...! Please, your grace, forgive me!"

Mary rushed into the room quickly, having heard the screams of her cousin from her room opposite hers, and seen guards rushing in there after she had left her room.

The brunette gasped as she saw her subject being dragged out of the room, and ran up to her cousin when she saw her state, shaking on the bed with tears gathering in her eyes, hugging her close on the bed.

"Move!"

"I couldn't...!Your grace, please!" Colin called out.

"Come on!" The guard called again, pulling the boy out of the room, leaving Arabella sobbing in Mary's arms as her family members arrived at the door, after hearing the commotion.

"How could this happen? Where were the guards?"

"Why didn't they stop him?"

"I hope Arabella did if they didn't. They'll question her virtue. If she's not a virgin, then she'll be ruined."

"You don't know what happened, any of you." Lola stated.

"Tell me." Mary said, walking in the room.

"I've spoken to him. He's being held. I bribed a guard...Colin's a good man; a boy still." Lola replied.

"What did he say? What possible defense could he have given you?" Mary asked in outrage.

"He said he was forced. He wouldn't say by whom. He couldn't, he was so afraid. He said that he was told to go to you, but a guard pointed him towards her chambers instead of you, this attack was meant for you, and by the time he noticed...it was too late...But he said There are people, powerful people, Behind this, and he had no choice."

"What people?"

"Here, in the castle." Lola answered, "He wouldn't risk saying more."

"Do you believe him, mary?" Aylee asked softly from beside Lola.

"The wine. I was told not to drink the wine. I was warned." Mary said, noticing that what Lola said was true, that he was going to go after her, not her cousin.

"Warned by whom?" Lola asked.

"It doesn't matter now. I believe you. I believe colin."

"Please help him." Lola asked.

" Lola asked

Words: 568