SEVEN

"He surprised you?!" Paola and Justine gasp, "In your office?"

I cross my arms across my chest and say, "As if you didn't know, Paola. You're the one that called me trying to warn me that I wasn't going to be happy when I got home."

After everything with Jesse, I quickly came home and talked to both of them about everything.

Justine raises her hand to interject, "In her defense, she wasn't allowed to tell you because Ryan swore her to secrecy." Paola is quick to nod, confirming what Justine is saying

I raise an eyebrow, "How would you know that?"

Justine looks at Paola quickly before glancing back at me, "I made her tell me a few days before he came out. Don't you remember when she talked about the wedding plans and started switching the topic away from him? I knew something was up and I got her to tell me. I understand why you're mad but you have to give her her props, you know her ass could never keep a secret so this might be a first."

This is true. Paola always gets excited and ends up telling people things she's not supposed to. However, the one time I needed her to snitch she actually kept her word to Ryan and didn't tell me.

As angry as I wanted to be, I realized that the signs were there. Ryan wanted to tell me, and even though Paola didn't say anything there were many times where she slipped up. I should've expected that Jesse would get out early but nothing could've prepared me for the way he cornered me in my own office.

I can't deny how great he looked after five years. The smile on his face made me wanna smack him though because I could tell my nervousness was only entertaining him more.

He kept bringing up the fact that he was still going to pursue me and I didn't have the heart to tell him that we could never be together with the same way we were when we were teenagers.

At this point in my life, If I date, I'm dating to marry.

I don't do hookups, I'm not a fan of hookup culture. I'm not looking to date anyone but If I did, I'd have to see a future with them.

My parents already know who Jesse is, what he does, why he got arrested. I can't date someone that I can't have a stable future. My parents would never accept that.

When we dated, I might've been a little in over my head. When they say opposites attract, I didn't know how true that was until I met him.

Our dynamic was unconventional but it worked out somehow. But I remember that even back then I was worried about how the future would look for us and we only dated for less than six months at that point.

We could've accomplished so much together in the last five years but everything I was afraid of happening, happened.

I gave him a part of me that I never shared with anyone...and not even 24 hours later he was gone and the only way I could see him was behind a glass screen.