Chapter Thirty

Tucker chuckled at Callum's concerned look once the two of them entered the restaurant for dinner. Callum was going to reschedule his reservation at the place they were supposed to eat dinner the night before but couldn't because of Tucker. But Tucker insisted on going to a shack by the beach which Lee had suggested.

Since Callum promised on their last date that the next one would be on Tucker, the lawyer won the debate as to where they would eat.

Tucker looked at Callum once again, his eyes roaming his body. Callum hadn't bought any casual clothes since he didn't plan on going to any such place, the man only had formal shirts and suits, so Tucker had given Callum one of his shirts to wear for dinner.

It was an interesting rush to see Callum in his clothes. It wasn't the first time that someone had worn his clothes. Many of his old boyfriends had done that, but most of the time that only annoyed Tucker, or he simply didn't care. But looking at Callum wear his favourite teal floral shirt was a sight that made Tucker's heart beat just a little bit faster.

"If I get food poisoning after this place then I'm suing you." Mumbled Callum.

"You do know that I'm a lawyer, right?" Tucker chuckled once again.

"You do know that I'm loaded, yeah?" Retorted Callum, making Tucker laugh even harder.

"Well, if that's the case then I'm sure I'd be able to get us to come to a settlement that's mutually beneficial." Tucker whispered as he leant forward near Callum's ear, holding his hand simultaneously.

"If that's the case then I'm going to ask the chef to get me the worst thing on the menu." Callum smiled, gripping Tucker's hand tighter.

The two were seated after that, and they looked over to the menus in silence. Both men were decisive, well, Tucker mostly so. It didn't take long for them to place their orders.

"— and anything to drink?" Asked the waiter once he noted their orders.

"I'll have an iced tea." Answered Callum, before looking at Tucker with a blank expression. Tucker fiddled with the edge of the bar menu for a few seconds before clearing his throat.

"Make that two." Tucker said.

"Sure, I'll be back with your drinks in two." The waiter passed a smile before leaving the two men.

"So," Callum began, he wanted to comment on how Tucker had, indeed, followed up on his promise, but he thought it best not to mention it, "I think I'm getting used to this place. Even though I've seen abandoned buildings in horror movies look better than this."

"Stop being such a drama queen, I think this place is awesome," Tucker rolled his eyes playfully, "It's got an amazing view of the beach, live music, and hopefully will have some great food. What's not to like?"

"Just not what I'm used to, I guess." Callum said.

"Well," Tucker sighed, "You said that we were just going to be Cal and Tuck. And if we're going to try and make.. this work, then we'll have to make comprises. We're entirely different people so we'll need to learn how to meet in the middle. If you don't—"

"I do," Callum cut off Tucker, "Whatever it's going to take to make this work.. I'm ready to do that."

"Even if that means eating at places that look worse than abandoned buildings in horror movies?" Tucker smiled.

"Fuck that, I'd even at a McDonald's for you," Callum smiled back, making Tucker laugh, Callum bit his lower lip as he continued, "I wasn't aware you wanted to try this.. us.. again."

"Why else would I leave everything and fly to San Francisco with you?" Tucker gave Callum a puzzled look, making the billionaire shrug.

"Because you wanted to get your mind off the case?" Callum answered, and Tucker sighed.