Chapter 8

*Navya Pov*

I am married! I am, in fact, married, and I thought it would feel magical. Nonetheless, except the thought of belonging to someone and someone belonging to me, nothing is different.

Maybe that is because we still don't know that much about each other right, and I am kind of excited to get to know him more. This is what always made me want only arranged marriage in which everything just feels new.

"We are here!" I heard him, saying, which made me bring myself out of my thoughts.

I smiled and got down from his car. I looked in front of me to see a big reception hall, and my mood fell a little.

I don't want anything grand like this, and I actually loved the idea of getting married in the temple. That is very sweet and simple.

"Are you ok?" he asked, looking at me.

"Yeah! It's just that I don't like this grand reception idea." I replied honestly.

"Really? But your Di said that you would love it." He said frowning.

"Di loves it and I actually don't. But thank you for the sweet wedding in the temple. I couldn't ask for anything better than that." I said smiling at him.

He looked at me shocked for a few minutes, but moved forward along with me. When we went inside I saw few people already in the hall.

Divya made both of us sit on chairs placed on the stage. After that we talked to a few of my relatives and saw that everyone present are my relatives and family friends only.

"Where are your relatives?" I asked him in a whisper.

He looked at me blankly and replied "We don't have relatives."

"Ok!" I said and turned to talk to some other aunt who came near us.

"Ok? Are you not going to ask anything else?" He asked shocked.

I was about to reply, but stopped when I heard Divya shouting "Big Sis!"

"Divya! I am only one year older than you. How did I become the 'Big Sis'?" I heard one lady saying rolling her eyes, and I immediately know who is that.

"Su Di!" I said, smiling brightly at her.

"Navya!" She said coming near me and then continued saying, "I can't believe I am finally meeting you."

"I can't believe it too. And thanks for coming to the reception." I said, getting up and hugged her.

"You are looking beautiful dear." She said releasing me.

"Not more than you, dear wife." I heard a male voice coming from behind her and saw someone who is just looking like an American guy.

"You don't have to flatter her anymore as she is already your wife." Divya said teasing him.

"Hey, don't say anything to my husband. He is just sweet." Su Di said, looking at Matt with love.

"Are they newly married couple?" Suhas asked from beside me.

They both heard and laughed at that comment. Matt turned towards me and said, "You definitely look like the girl having the nature, my wife said about. And as for your question, we are actually going to have our third-year anniversary."

"Congrats!" We said to them both, and they nodded smiling.

"So Divya, when are you going to get married? Look at your friend, she is younger than you, but she is already married like me at the same age." Su Di asked looking at Divya.