42. Reminiscence IV

Kim Jaehyun who'd watched these memories was struck with guilt all over again, it wasn't like he forgot it but it was as if the weight of it had suddenly increased by thousands. The dull pain that was ever present intensified.

"Why are you showing me this?!" Kim Jaehyun yelled, desperation in his voice.

"What's the point of this?! Is this some kind of test?!"

Kim Jaehyun was standing in the college classroom looking towards the desk where Lee Hyunjin would have been sitting.

He found he was in control of his body now and he looked around trying to find the beast that had started all this. "Come on show yourself! What is all this?"

You bear a lot of guilt for someone who's so arrogant,

I see now the reason for your fierce aura

Insolent and pitiful human,

Oh how you loathe yourself

Rejected by your father and your family

And then sending the only person that accepted you as you were and taught you kindness to his grave

You claim to seek forgiveness yet cannot even forgive yourself

Your sorrow is endless

Truly

"And so what?!" Kim Jaehyun's voice wasn't as confident as when he had first entered this room, there was a slight tremor in it and his eyes had already turned bloodshot as he frantically looked around.

A somewhat quiet laugh echoed and Kim Jaehyun's surroundings melted away.

He could see the empty room with the storm clouds gathered above him.

When the laugh faded, he heard the voice speak.

I have made my decision

A bolt of pure burning red flames descended, striking Kim Jaehyun. He cried out in agony as a pillar of flames surrounded his body before he collapsed on the floor.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"He's waking up.... call Prince Levi!" Han Shinwoo voice was the first he heard.

Kim Jaehyun blinked, his eyes slowly opened and the first face he saw was Park Haejin.

"Jaehyun?" She called to him.

Kim Jaehyun felt dizzy, he brought a hand up to rub his head and thats when he noticed the strange mark on his hand, it looked like some kind of bird... a Phoenix perhaps and it was coloured both red and black.

The feathered tail of the Phoenix drew upwards, winding around his arm in a strange pattern that looked like some sort of indecipherable inscription.

"What's going on?" Kim Jaehyun asked, his voice was hoarse.

He sat up slowly and Park Haejin stepped back. Kim Jaehyun took in his surroundings in an instant and made a deduction.

They were in a room that looked relatively plain, with only a bed, desk and chair, plain old looking curtains hanging over the single window and a wooden door that looked like it break off he punched it once with all his strength.

"Did we leave the castle?" Kim Jaehyun asked, his throat really felt dry and raspy,

Han Shinwoo was the one to answer him, "yes, we left two days ago, you've been asleep since. Prince Levi said we couldn't waste any time and he was certain you'd wake up soon. Also we'll be arriving in Tohunn in a day."