thirty three

February. The month dedicated to couples and relationships. Greta had always had a deep disgust for the month, as she thought it was marketing that you have to or should be in a relationship. This year was no different despite being in a relationship for the first time over the holiday.

"We can have dinner in our spot, make it look a little fancier or-"

"We arent buying into that bullshit Rem."

"Cmon itll be romantic, we can get some candles and maybe-"

"Remus."

"Fine."

"Thank you."

Greta and Remus were sat at the top of the astronomy tower late Friday night, the day before the third Hogsmeade trip of the year. Bundled in the invisibility cloak which they were supposed to be using to get snacks from the kitchens, Gretas head rests on Remus' shoulder. He had been. trying to warm her up to the idea of Valentines Day since the end of January, suggesting different things they could do together, but she stayed rooted with her beliefs that the whole thing was a load of rubbish.

"We better head to the kitchens now, try to figure out an excuse if they ask what took so long." Remus said, standing and offering a hand to Greta who gratefully took it.

"We got lost." she joked, Remus laughed lightly, throwing an arm around her shoulder as they made their way to the kitchens.

"That sounds believable. What about um... Mrs. Norris kept following us so we had to take a detour to lose her before going into the kitchens?"

"Sounds like a plan." she smiled. "Youre quite good at coming up with excuses."

"Ive been doing it for a long time."

"What d'you mean by that?"

"'Whered that scar come from?' 'Why do you look so tired?' 'Why wont you just tell Greta how you feel?' 'Why do you miss class once a month?'" He mocked, changing his voice slightly for each question.

"Right, slipped my mind." Greta said quietly, feeling slightly guilty she hadnt considered all of the excuses hes had to make over the years surrounding his furry little problem. "Can we go back to the third one though... what excuse was there to not tell me how you feel?" she smirked.

Remus looked sort of flustered, his cheeks went red which Greta noticed immediately. 

"Well I- I didnt want to ruin our friendship, I didnt think you would feel the same way, and if you did I didnt want to hold you back because of my little problem."

"I see..."

"So why didnt you tell me how you felt sooner?"

"Same reasons minus the last one."

"Look where we are now."

"Couldnt ask for anything better." she leaned into his chest more as he gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze. Though niether could see the others face, they knew they were smiling widely.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Greta woke up on her floor mattress in the boys room, just as the sun was filling the dorm with its vibrant orange glow. She rolled over on her side to face Remus' bed to find him already awake, reading the book Greta had gifted him for Christmas.