I Have A Mission For You

Howard and Lizzie begin working on the super soldier serum. It becomes quickly apparent to the employees at Stark Industry that they are working on something big. People have tried to guess about what they could be working on but Stark has everything locked down tight. They always work on the project in Howard's most guarded labs where it's virtually impossible to break in.

One man in particular takes a particular interest in what they are doing. Dmitri Volkov has been working in Stark Industries for many years. He has watched as Stark creates cutting edge technology and reports back to his superiors at Hydra. He has been told not to interfere with anything but just observe and report.

He has been watching Elizabeth Rogers for some time now. Not many people have found out that Elizabeth Rogers was the twin sister to Steve Rogers also known as Captain America. That information was not common knowledge to the public. However, once Dmitri noticed how close Stark and Elizabeth were, he went digging and soon found out the truth.

He closely followed her career and discovered that she was brilliant. She was incredibly intelligent and there was few problems she couldn't solve. Her focus was in biotechnology and Stark left her division alone while he focused on the weapons division. It made him wonder what kind of project could a biologist and a weapon maker be working on together?

He has a theory and he knows if he is right, this could mean trouble for Hydra. There's no way to prove that he is correct with all of Stark's security. He decides to contact his superior to see how they want to proceed.

He goes to the rendezvous point at the agreed upon time to meet with his contact. Alexei Petrov was a busy man and Volkov was just one of the spies under his supervision. Whatever Volkov has to say better be important or he's not going to be a pleasant man.

"Hail Hydra," Dmitri says.

"Hail Hydra," Alexei responds with impatience.

"I've been watching Elizabeth Rogers," Dmitri says.

Dmitri has always had a strange fascination with Rogers but everyone at Hydra thought she was harmless. Sure, she was a brilliant woman but she developed medical technology which wasn't exactly a threat to Hydra. She's well protected by Stark and if anything happened to her, there would be a full inquiry into her disappearance. Hydra was still rebuilding after the death of Schmidt and they couldn't afford to be discovered just yet.

"We have told you, Elizabeth Rogers is nothing. I doubt that she has any knowledge in weapons technology," Alexei says sharply.

Dmitri can tell he's starting to frustrate Alexei and knows that he should get to the point.

"Not technological weapons but maybe biological weapons," Dmitri says.

"Biological?" Alexei asks curiously.

Dmitri could tell he's got Alexei hooked and is quick to continue.

"Stark and Rogers have been spending hours in Stark's top security labs. The same labs that he used when working on The Manhattan Project. Whatever they are working on is big and very secretive. It makes me wonder what a biotech specialist and a weapons engineer could be doing that is so important. Not only a biotech specialist but also the twin sister to the first super soldier," Dmitri says.

"You think they are trying to recreate the super soldier serum?" Alexei asks.

"It is the most logical explanation," Dmitri says.

Alexei takes out his gun and shoots Dmitri in the chest twice.

It was a shame that he had to rid of his spy in Stark Industries but Volkov was too interested in Rogers. This could be something big for Hydra and they can't risk him accidentally revealing them by his unnecessary interest.