Leisure//42

Leisure: Time when one is not working or occupied; free time.
—————————————————-

Watching the TV in the embrace of a person was different with everyone (Y/N) had concluded. In the embrace of a parent, she'd feel safe – hearing her own mothers heartbeat was the most natural medicine. The embrace of a friend filled her with happiness, no matter who it was. When it's a crush, her chest would tighten and it would feel awkward to even breathe – she'd be tense. A lover's embrace was a mixture of safety and happiness altogether.

The slight weight on her abdomen and her head made her feel warm. The man behind her held her like a flower, afraid to squeeze her as if she'd fall apart. They've been laying down like this for hours, a blanked draped over them while rain softly hit the window of her living room.

"I'm hungry."

"Sucks to be you. I am comfortable like this."

The girl rolled her eyes at the answer she was given and slowly moved the man's arm from her abdomen. Hearing him groan in frustration made (Y/N) chuckle. She didn't know that Jack could be that clingy, it was funny and adorable in its own wicked way.

Walking over to the fridge, (Y/N) decided to make some lunch, considering that she skipped breakfast because she slept in. The two returned to her apartment around four in the morning, after they've had a long conversation about everything.

The girl had also found out the reason why Jack left in the first place – which prompted a very loud prolonged laugh from her. She had to explain the concept of celebrity crushes to him, and how the actor wasn't really one of hers.

"What are you making?"

Turning around to look at Jack, she found him in a position you'd never think a murderer would be in – his head on the couch armrest, turned on his stomach while one of his hands dangled off the couch. Chuckling, she moved out of the way to show the ingredients to him.

"I am making some spaghetti – the one thing I know how to make properly without a recipe to follow."

"Spaghetti looks disgusting."

"You are very wrong. Well... I mean maybe? Spaghetti tastes okay, alright?"
she tried to reason with him.

The boy snickered, turning back into a more comfortable position and continuing to watch the TV, leaving (Y/N) to do her own thing. They would occasionally make small talk as she cooked her lunch, keeping each other company. One thing that hasn't changed is their need to be silent most of the time.

"Hey Jack, may I ask you something?"

Her voice made him perk his head up, nodding as a response. She watched as he followed her with his gaze as she walked over to the table, placing the plate on it and sitting down.

"You're not going to do something like this again are you?"

Jack felt bad hearing her question. The tone of her voice was serious, making him tense a little bit. As funny as it sounds, he felt as if he was her prey. Sighing, he got up and walked over to her, placing his hand on her head. He still wasn't sure about the whole affection thing – only indulging in it when (Y/N) would initiate anything.

"No, I won't."

She motioned for him to crouch to her eye level, making him furrow his brows in confusion. As he did so, she pinched his cheek, pulling him closer to her – "Good. I'm sick of lying to my friends." – and giving him a kiss on the nose.

Returning to his previous position, Jack had his hand raised to touch the place she had kissed him, rather than the one she pinched him on. His staring contest with the window was cut short as he heard (Y/N) laugh.

"Why'd you look at the window like that?"

Her laughing made him smile. Dropping his hand to his side, he said nothing – shying away from the situation.

"Look, now I've got to wash my hands. Your tears stained them when I pinched you."

It was now Jack's turn to laugh, watching as she stood up and washed her hands. He could look at her for all eternity, even if she was just doing meaningless tasks.

"Your fault."

"Oh you're a really funny guy huh?" she spoke while returning to her seat.

"I wouldn't know."

Her expression now confused him. She looked at him with her lips pressed in a line, blinking repeatedly. Had he said something wrong?

"Jack – Wait, never mind. I'll just explain it to you after I eat."

As confused as he was, he let her have her lunch in peace. It hasn't even been a day after their little confessions, and Jack was completely smitten by her. Now looking at the TV show displaying on the screen, Jack carried a small smile – finally unlocking a new emotion: happiness.

Both feeling content on a Sunday afternoon, they continued to do nothing besides lay together and talking about silly things. At one point, (Y/N) did have to explain basic human emotions and perks to Jack, which was a funny experience to her. To him? Not so much.

"Do you get it now?"

"Perhaps."

(Y/N) snorted at the response, patting him on the back.

"You'll get it eventually. Now please move closer, I want to play with your hair."

It was funny to her how easily Jack would get weirded out by her demands. Being in a couple of relationships before this one made (Y/N) much bolder when speaking to her significant other.

Having a crush on someone was more of an annoying thing – liking someone and not knowing if they like you back, mixed signals etc. was all extremely tiring. Being in a relationship however? That was her domain.

She almost felt bad for making him so flustered, but then she'd remember how he used to do the same thing.

Now we're even.

They embraced each other once again, (Y/N) putting on a movie for them to watch. The rain never stopped, providing them a soothing ambience which lulled them to sleep soon after.

What a pretty thing love can be.

—————————————————-
Hi everyone! Here's the new chapter, I hope you'll enjoy it. There isn't much to say lol, so I won't be bothering you any longer - I'll see you folks on Thursday, remember to take care of yourselves!