Just Married - Part 2

They carried on doing what they do best, portraying real people can be a struggle as one mistake can really get you into a lot of trouble, let alone playing a real couple whose love is looked to be one of the strongest that anyone has ever seen.

The chemistry facet was really important, and a small added detail that can potentially act on Patrick's performance was a risk she was not willing to take. She slides the ring off by the second cut, and fills the empty space with the other wedding band, deciding to just announce it later. Making this announcement more plainly was a move, the entire wedding ceremony itself wasn't all that big of a deal after all.

Vera goes back into place at the kitchen sink that was built in the corner just under a small window, she takes in a deep breath and begins to go along with what she was told, "Patrick!" James calls him in, and after a few clicks and taps here and there, the cameras began rolling.

He tugs down gently at his tight sweater, "I told him we'd talk about it."

Vera, who was now leaning against the yellow kitchen counter, turns herself to look over at him, "There's nothing left to talk about."

"There have been cases we've turned down, there has never been a family we've refused to help," Patrick steps closer, his voice growing fuller and sterner. The both of them continue to run the show as if they were in the comfort of their own homes. Seconds pass as each response felt quicker than the last, and soon enough they completed it. They silently agree that it was the smoothest take yet.

Patrick then lets go of Vera, not moving from where he was standing as the director was going over to them the moment they finished, "Now that was fantastic you guys, it was exactly what I was looking for," James smiles, "great work Patrick, that's exactly where I needed your tone to be."

Wilson nods and closely watches James as he walks off, leaving the two stars eyeing each other down, Patrick's strong look of confusion slowly growing onto her.

After hearing that they had about an hour to eat lunch, they walk off in a separate direction, but only to meet again outside of set, walking side by side to their closely placed and labeled trailers. "So I guess I'll see you in an hour then," Vera shyly smiles, looking down as she was about to walk off. She felt a sense of relief pass over her as she began to walk away, solely because of the weird tension they were sharing, but just halfway to her trailer she was immediately halted.

"You uh... left this on the counter," Patrick says casually, his fingers toying with the ring, "what is it?"

"Oh, well... thank you, that really saves me a walk back to set," Vera mumbles, looking up to see Patrick sharing a cold glare with her. The sense of relief she was feeling a moment ago almost converted itself into a form of confusion, but now all she felt was fear.

"When were you planning on telling me, or any of us?" Patrick asks in pure defeat, folding his arms tightly into his sweater as it was chilly that same afternoon, "what's his name? Do I know him?"

Vera looks up at Patrick, making eye contact with his sad eyes. She certainly expected him to be upset, but not to the point where she felt a feeling of shame bubbling up inside of her, "I was going to, Patrick I just didn't-"

"want to make a fool out of me?" Patrick looks around at the empty lot, everyone was still lingering about on set, "I'm glad I found out about this in private but... I still feel like an absolute idiot," Patrick simpers. "Everyone here saw that we had a thing going on and... I believed it too, but now I don't know what to think. Vera, you didn't tell me anything about this guy... I- I don't know how to feel, I just don't understand."

Vera holds herself together as she felt the need to cry of embarrassment at that exact moment, how could she keep something like this from her best friend? But a side of her was glad he found out when he did, otherwise she wouldn't have ever gotten him to admit something like this, "Patrick."

"Let's maybe go inside, it's freezing," Patrick interrupts stubbornly as he carefully goes to take her arm, walking up the small narrow steps to his trailer door, pushing and holding it open long enough for Vera to crawl in after him. The warmth of the trailer engulfed her cold, fragile body almost instantly, and a lovely, familiar scent she couldn't exactly put her finger on was also something that didn't go unnoticed. She takes in the living space before refocusing on her costar, who was standing before her, "you were saying?"

"You're acting like you didn't just admit to having a thing for me. Or believing to at least," Vera laughs vaguely.

"Well it doesn't really matter now, does it?" Wilson scolds, looking away before looking back into her eyes, his face displaying no emotion. "I could tell you that I'm head over heels in love with you, but even that wouldn't change the fact that you're married."

In an instant she felt her cheeks heat up, her eyes never leaving Patrick's as his face was also beginning to flush red, Vera steps closer to him as he begins to stutter and uncomfortably rub his neck, trying his best to explain himself after trailing his eyes down to the floor, "I... was really hoping you'd feel the same, Vera, and I really thought you might. This just proves how much of an idiot I am, and I'm sorry for telling you this just now. I don't even think I would've ever told you if-"

She quickly silences him with a kiss. Her hands began to travel from his chest up to his face as her lips moved with his own. Yes it felt weird, the moment they shared their first kiss, but something about it always felt right, and now it felt even better hence they were sharing this one in private. Patrick's eyebrows shrivel as they break away from each other for a moment, looking deeply into Veras ocean blue eyes as his own hands slid their way to her lower back, holding her impossibly close.

It was hard to tell what emotion she was displaying as his tall figure was casting a shadow over her, the only light that was on being somewhere behind him, "You are not an idiot," Vera whispers, turning them slightly so she can be seen by the light, her eyes soft and gentle as she looked up at him, "I'm the one who married the wrong person."