Another one

Emerald Angelica Young

Fiddling with my thumb I took a deep breath

Fiddling with my thumb I took a deep breath. Today I was sitting down with Kross and talk about the baby. I was nervous as fuck. Checking the time on my phone it was already 1:30pm, he was a few minutes late.

"Can I get you anything else besides the water?" The waitress asked as I shook my head no.

"She'll take some hot wings and fries." I heard the deep familiar voice causing me to roll my eyes as the waitress nodded her head. "I'm not hungry." I said looking up as Kross sat from in front of me.

"You not about to starve my baby." He spoke as I got quiet taking a sip of my water. "It is mine right?" He questioned causing me to suck my teeth.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked. I found it funny how I had been blowing his phone up since I found out I was pregnant and he been ducking me. Then he randomly pops up at my shop finds out I'm pregnant and he wanna talk.

"How far along are you?" He asked staring at me.

"Today makes 22 weeks" I said as the waitress came back with the plate of wings and fries placing it in front of me.

"Thank you." I said smiling as she walked away and Kross leaned up fixing his posture.

"That's like 6 months?" He said clenching his jaw. "You knew you was pregnant and wasn't gon say shit?" He asked causing me to roll my eyes.

"Maybe if you answered your fucking phone. I'm not about to chase after you the fuck." I said as he looked at me.

"Eat the fucking food." He mumbled sitting back.

"Not you telling me what to do." I said grabbing a French fry and taking a bite as he sat there quiet.

Kross and I relationship was definitely weird. It lacked communication. I had no idea where we stood. The last time we spoke he we were both crying and apologizing for shit we have done. Now here we are almost three weeks later and I'm pregnant.

"When's your next appointment? I'm going." He said as I shook my head.

"I'm fine, Kim has been going with me." I said as he sucked his teeth.

"Last time I check she ain't get you pregnant. Send me the information. We about to have a baby, all that petty shit is done for. I want to be there for my child. I don't know what your issue is but you need to fix it." He said causing me to laugh.

"My issue is you think you can pop up whenever the fuck you want. One minute you at my apartment then you go fucking ghost and I'm always going out my way making sure you good, texting and calling. You don't even be answering. You say we friends, we this and that, you always here for me but your not bro! Your not always there." I said trying my hardest not to cry but the tear slipped.

"Emerald stop crying." He said as I wiped my eyes.

I swear this pregnancy is making me so emotional." I said as he laughed. I was crying every damn day. I hated it.

"It's not funny, jerk." I said tossing a French fry at him.

"Forreal though, Imma start reply and shit. Gone be so annoyed you gonna block me." He said as I rolled my eyes.

"We'll see." I said taking a sip of my water

___________________

Elove

Liked by heybrownskin, emeraldyoung, and 1,269 othersElove can't believe I'm writing this

Elove can't believe I'm writing this. Jess you weren't suppose to go out like this! We were supposed to start move to Atlanta and start college in the fall. Who am I going to have now? 😢😢😢😢 you were literally my only real friend! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I wish it was me instead. My best friend man! 💔💔💔
Comments limited.

Scrolling pass, I mentally rolled my eyes. I did not feel any ounce of sympathy towards what happened to Jessica. The bitch knowingly slept with my man, then smiled in my face as if that shit didn't happen. I allowed that girl to work for me, put money in her pockets and that was the thanks I got.

"So are you excited?" Danielle asked breaking me from my thoughts.

"I don't know. I'm scared." I told her truthfully.

"I know it's hard. I'd be scared too! But you really need to stop all the little girl shit. Fighting? That's a no! Especially in your condition. You need to appoint a manager! Because you can't be working and checking in on the store like you usually do. You need to be resting! My grand baby needs to beat care!" Danielle said as I nodded my head.

"How your mom and dad take the news?" She asked as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Emerald Angelica Young! Please do not tell me you haven't told them." She said as I got quiet.

"I'm sure they know." I said. Secrets did stay secrets long around here.

"Okay but so what! It's there first grand child I'm sure they want to hear it from you." Danielle said as I waved her off.

My parents did not care about me and I didn't care for them. Neither one of them had yet to reach out to me after having men come to my apartment and rough me up. Me nor my child needed to be around that toxicity.

"They have Noel." I said mentioning Kim's daughter.

"That's not the same. This their first biological! I can't wait for Baby, to bring me a baby." She said as I nodded my head. I would never disrespect Danielle so I was simply just going to change the conversation.

"How do you like Vee?" I asked as she got quiet.

"I wish you brought her to him sooner! Believe it or not she really have an effect on him. I like her a lot." Danielle said and I nodded my head.

"Yea I didn't think they would work being as she's so loud and he's a hoe." I said. As Danielle laughed, yes but believe it or not I haven't seen him with some random girl in a while. She said as I nodded my head. I was genuinely happy for my brother and Vee.

"You should give him a call. I know he feels bad about everything. Plus I let his ass have it. I don't know when he's going to get tired of doing your fathers dirty work." She said as I just nodded my head.

I had plans to forgive Baby, but not right now. He really hurt my feelings. I really thought he would be the one to stick up for me but nope not even my own brother.

"Eventually I will." I told her yawning. " I should start heading home." I said standing up.

"Ahhh no, it's too late for you to be driving, go up your old room still in tact." Danielle said causing me to smile.

"Thank you." I said as she waved me off.