thirty-three - you

i promise,

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|"Don't look up."

You raised an eyebrow. 'What kind of demand is that? "Don't look up"???'

Not knowing any better, you went against his wishes, eyes bolting up to the silver-eyed boy's face faster than he could blink. Slowly, you removed his arm from your head in order to get a closer look.

The boy was a blushing mess - face gushing red, just red and more red. This was the most flushed you've ever seen him, reddened cheeks and eyes wide open with you staring right into his very soul.

"Are you okay or something? You know the moment you tell me something like that, I'd do the opposite, right?"

It was the first time you had spoken so nonchalantly, ever since Yuki had told you that he was 'going'.

"Thank you." Though those two words were short and simple, the emotion in them could not measure to something of physical value.

It was invaluable - gratitude and something else not-quite-merely-gratitude. "I..." His mouth was hanging open, as if he wanted to say more, but somehow couldn't find the words that had somehow gone away to hide.

He sighed, clearing his throat. "I have to get going."

'Wait... Hang on...'

You offered a wide smile, although your insides were twisting with nothing close to the warmth you were desperately trying to display.

"Bye-bye."

"Farewell." The last you'd hear of those melodic chimes that helped you so much - helped you grow, helped you accept...

'I love you.'

Helped you love...

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

i won't forget.

words: 271
published: 29/06/2021
.
.
.
a/n: 

helloo, it's been a while! i hope you are doing okay as you're reading this. <3

apologies for this rather short chapter - i have more,  but it would feel a little messy if i added it here, so you'll have to wait until i post the next chapter :( speaking of which, i'll be posting three times this week (once today on tuesday, thursday, and saturday) to make up for this short chapter as well as for not being able to post last saturday!

TL;DR* : there will be three updates this week instead of the usual two! 

we're nearing the end of the story as well! do you guys feel confused about any of the points in the plot so far? whether it's major or minor, feel free to ask me in the comments :D [i know i can be really, really confusing sometimes, and i'm not proud of it. </3]

until next time, see you~!

~~~

*{TL;DR - too long didn't read}