Chapter 49

Elle sat on one of the couches in Sirius and Remus's living room with Jackson beside her, and Nathan sprawled out on the loveseat. Sirius stands awkwardly at the front of the room, unsure of what to do as he doesn't know how to take care of children, or honestly even himself. He was damn thankful for Remus and all that he did to make sure Sirius ate every day and took care of himself.

"Uh, can I get you guys anything?" Sirius awkwardly asked.

"I'm okay." Elle shrugged, leaning her head against the arm of the couch.

"Are you sure? I could make you guys food? Yeah... yeah food sounds good. Do you guys like grilled cheese?" Sirius asked the three teenagers as Jackson politely nodded at him, Elle and Nathan shrugging in response.

"I'm sure you guys haven't had anything proper to eat in days, and to be totally honest, grilled cheese is the only thing I know how to make. Oh god, you guys probably don't even want grilled cheese, I told Remus he should have come back with you guys just in case." Sirius began to ramble as the three stared at him in response.

"Sirius, it's fine." Nathan giggled.

"We love grilled cheese." Elle assured her Uncle as he sent her a questioning look.

"It's in fact, my favorite food." Jackson giggled out, trying to make Sirius calm as he playfully rolled his eyes.

"I'm sure it is. Either way, I will be going to make that for us. Tomato soup sound good too?" Sirius asked as they all nodded, watching him walk into the kitchen.

The three Mackin children sat in silence as they all tried to get rest, any rest, when an owl came flying through, dropping a letter on the table. Nathan leaned forward to grab it, seeing it was addressed to Elle from Fred.

"Another letter from Fred Ellie." Nathan told his sister as she slowly nodded.

"I'll read it later, put it on the table." Elle yawned out as Nathan threw it back on the table.

"Are you avoiding him or something?" Jackson asked as she shook her head.

"No I'm not. He's just been writing a lot and I am too exhausted to write back right now." Elle shrugged when a knock came on the door, causing all three of them to panic as this was supposed to be a safe house, only people who had the password could floo here.

Sirius practically ran back into the living room, obviously startled, and hesitantly walked towards the door, opening it just a tad as he let out a sigh of relief, opening it more.

"Elle, it's for you. I'm making grilled cheeses, you want one?" Sirius asked, turning to look at the visitor at the door, "Who am I kidding? Of course you want one." Sirius laughed to himself, practically skipping back to the kitchen.

"God, he is really proud of his grilled cheese." Jackson laughed out loud.

"I think it's the only thing he knows how to make." Nathan teased as Elle sluggishly got up, making her way to the door to open it to see Cedric stood outside.

"Cedric? Come in." Elle yawned, opening the door a tad larger so he could slip in.

"I went to the hospital to check on you again, your Mom said she was here and gave me the codes." Cedric told her, taking a seat on one of the chairs as she curled up in her spot once again.

"Oh, that checks out then. We're spending the night here." Elle told him as he nodded.

"Probably a good thing, get you guys a good night's sleep and apparently grilled cheeses." Cedric laughed as did Elle.

The two made small talk as they waited for the room, and shortly after, Sirius came out with his want flicked, hovering all the plates in the air as they dropped in front of all the teenagers.