Chapter Sixty-Six

Chapter Sixty-Six - Margaret

*Genevieve*

Looking down at my phone, I sighed as I doubled checked the address with what Alice had sent me earlier in the day.

"Here goes nothing," I mutter, walking up the stoned path towards the imposing mansion.

______________________

I stopped in front of the large oak door, and look at the intricate (and no doubt expensive) carvings that had been done. Running my hand over one of them before reaching towards the obscenely large and ornate door knocker that had been nailed into the door and pounding it against the door. Listening as the sound echoed into the house.

After waiting for a few minutes and hearing no response, I sighed and used my hand to bang against the door, wanting to give them the benefit of the doubt before breaking into the obviously expensive house.

After patiently waiting for another 5 minutes with no answer from the other side of the door, I groaned and rolled my eyes. Quickly breaking the lock and slowly pushing open the huge doors. Peeking inside, I looked around at the dark, seemingly deserted entrance room before cautiously stepping in.

The entire house seemed like it had been perfectly preserved in time. Antique artifacts were littered on the tables, and countless paintings were hung up along the tall walls, each depicting, what I assumed to be, the previous owner of the house. Inadvertently creating a family tree that showcased the different generations that the house had been passed down through.

"They're still alive, don't worry."

For the second time, I spin on my heels and look at the figure that was lurking in the shadows at the top of the staircase.

"I could never find it in myself to kill them... I guess that I never found a good enough reason," she continued, sighing as if the entire conversation bored her. "Last I heard, they were living their best lives in the Maldives... tanning and drinking liquor from glasses adorned with little parasols that, in my opinion, cost far too much."

"Would it be too much to know your name?" I ask, tilting my head to see if I could see her.

"Margaret..." she whispered out, "why are you here? I was rather enjoying being alone... it's peaceful. Allows me a moment to think."

"Margaret... you're Victoria's sister correct?" I ask.

"You know where Vics is?" She asks, the curiosity clear through her words. "I've been wondering about what she's been up to. Always sharp as a sword that one..."

"That's why I came to talk to you... my coven and I had a recent encounter with Victoria..." I look over towards her with sincerity behind my amber eyes. "She was creating an army against us... with the intent of killing us."

"Alway's had a flair for the dramatics... I suppose that's why I loved her so much... she made life more bearable after Anne left us," Margaret muses, seemingly so lost in her own thoughts that she wasn't clearly listening to my words.

"She fought with my brother and I and... she- um, she didn't make it out of the fight I'm afraid..." I glance up at the staircase where Margaret was standing.

"Oh- that's a shame," she says softly. "I suppose she's with that James boy now... so she must be happy... wherever she is."

"I heard that Victoria's original coven had gotten destroyed by the Volturi... how did you manage to make it out alive?" I ask, watching as she descended the staircase, wiping away the few tears that had fallen onto her cheeks.