Chapter 10: Sports Festival II

---

After the noonday break is over, the Sports Festival resumes.

"It's finally time to reveal the last game! But before that, there's good news for all of you who didn't make it to the finals! We've prepared recreational games that everyone can participate in, too!" Present Mic announce, as I enter the stadium I saw the girls of Class 1-A appear in cheerleader uniforms.

"What's the matter, Class A? What kind of fan service is that?" Mineta and Kaminari gave a thumbs up to each other.

"Mineta-san! Kaminari-san! You tricked us, didn't you?!"  Yaoyoruzo exclaims before she slumped down. "Why am I always caught up in Mineta's schemes?"

I walked over to the two and gave them a bonk in head. "Stop tricking the girls." Kaminari and Mineta answered 'yes' while rubbing their heads.

"All right, everyone! Let's have fun competing in the recreational games!" A large screen showed a bracket. "When that's over, the sixteen from four teams that made it to the final round!" Present Mic stated. I stood with my classmates.

"The last round is a tournament, where we fight one-on-one, huh?" I glance at Kirishima as he smile widely, as I can tell he's exhilarated. "I'm gonna stand on stage that I watch every year on TV!"

"Yeah. So give everything you've got there." I says,

Kirishima smiled and "Right! Let's do our best, Tomioka!" he put his fist up and we fistbump.

"Now, let's draw lots to determine the bracket. Once the bracket is determined, we'll have the recreational games and then start! The sixteen finalists can choose whether or not want to participate in the recreation. I'm sure you want to save your strength." Midnight stated.

Before Midnight can commence the drawing to determine the pairing for the tournament event. Ojiro called out, raising his hand.

"Um...! Excuse me. I'm withdrawing." Ojiro's request causes our classmates shock.

"Ojiro-kun, why?" Izuku asks,

"This is a rare chance for pros to see you!" Iida says.

"I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until almost the end. I think it was that guy's Quirk." Ojiro stated, he's referring to Shinsou. "I know that this is a great chance and that it's foolish to waste it...

But, everyone here competed by giving their all! I can't be up there with everyone without knowing what really happened." Ojiro said as Hagakure and Ashido try to persuade him to reconsider, but Ojiro replies that he is saving his dignity.

"Also, why are you guys wearing cheerleader outfits?" I mentally facepalmed.

"I'm Nirengeki Shoda from Class B." the class B student known as Shoda stepped out "I also want to withdraw for the same reason. Regardless of ability, don't you think it goes against the goal of this sports festival for those who didn't do anything to move onto the final round?"

"What is this? They're so manly!" Kirishima comments.

"This is an unusual turn of events." Present Mic says

"We'll have what the chief umpire, Midnight, has to say about this." Aizawa added.

Everyone remained silent, waiting for Midnight to respond.

"Youthful talk like thay is something... I like! Shoda! Ojiro! I accept your withdrawal!" Midnight shouts, as she crack her whip.

Midnight then says that the open slots will be filled in by the team that placed fifth. Team Kendo, but Team Kendo decide to give the opportunity to Team Tetsutetsu, much to Tetsutetsu's happiness. Midnight then announces that Tetsutetsu and Ibara will be replacing Ojiro and Shoda.