32. Brother

Chapter 32: Brother.

"Donna, I'm locking up, did you check the refrigerator's temperature?" Arrow yells from the cashier stand as he does one last inventory for the day.

Usually, their business stays running till midnight, but under special circumstances, he felt compelled to close earlier and spend some quality time with his husband.

"Everything is good, we're running low on supplies tho." Donna, a thirty something shapeshifter appears into the front of the bakery as she takes off her work apron.

"Guslav didn't pass by this morning?" He quirks an eyebrow at his work partner and she simply shakes her head.

"He didn't, we barely have enough cocaine and ecstasy to cover tomorrow's orders." She sighs exasperatedly and puts her apron on the counter.

"How many times do I have to remind you not to say that out loud!" He groans, taking out his phone to check his delivery's statuts.

"Oh don't worry, it's not like any of your husbands are here to hear me." She smirks knowingly and he rolls his eyes.

"You know very well that this could get me in trouble with them so shut it." He gives her one final warning to which she responds with a huff.

"Boooring," she blasts, dragging the word and going back where she came from.

As if on cue, a portal opened by the entrance door, making the vampire look with furrowed eyebrows, Victor was supposed to drive there.

"London?" Arrow's heart started to pick up it's pace at the sight of his husband, before he could understand what was going on, two arms circled him and he was pulled into a tight hug.

"We thought he got to you," London breathes out desperately, holding his husband against his chest with all his strength.

"He got to me? Who? What are you talking about?" Arrow didn't hesitate to put his arms around London, he might not know what was going on but he was desperate for his touch, he missed them.

"Arrow!" Their hug was soon interrupted by Toby intruding in the middle.

The two taller men laugh at his adorableness and squeeze him into a tight hug.

"What's going on guys? Did Victor send you?" Arrow mumbles against London's chest and the other two slowly pull away with pained looks on their eyes.

"No... Actually, umm.." they look at each other nervously before Toby takes the word.

"Milo is losing his anchor after you consumed his soul and Malcolm knows, w thought he'd be hunting you down for revenge." Toby rambles in one breath, causing the color to drain from the vampire's face.

He takes a step back, breaking their short lived embrace sooner than any of them desired, because regardless of their differences and issues, a simple touch was all they craved.

"You... You know.." he doesn't break eye contact with the light fairy and double back against the wall behind him.

"Hey hey honey, it's okay... " Toby approaches his vampire husband with the hybrid on his tail. "I know, I don't blame you for that!" Toby's palms find their way to Arrow's cheeks, cupping them and working his magic to absorb the fear and relentlessness from his heart.

"You don't blame me..." Arrow closes his eyes and leans into his lover's touch, desperate for the sparkles that fired through his skin.

It was always like that, whenever they spent time away from each other, the sparks reignited like they just met for the first time ever.