Chapter 224: Back To That Key Moment ⑤

A heavily armed motorcade arrived mightily at the cemetery, followed by many people who came to observe the ceremony. As Shang Ke wasn't fated to live long in his last life, he didn't pay much attention to the details of the memorial service. But now that he was experiencing it again, he felt something else.

这座公墓在克鲁斯统治时期,原本已经荒废,地下埋葬着无数先辈的骸骨,大多数都只有墓碑而没有名字。拉威尔建国后的第一件事,便是命人重修公墓,作为所有英烈的安息之地,命名为"信勇"。

The cemetery had been deserted during the reign of Cruise, and there were countless skeletons of their ancestors buried underground, most of which had only tombstones but no names. The first thing Ravel did after establishing the empire was to have the cemetery rebuilt as a resting place for all the heroes and named it "Faith and Bravery".

众人来到公墓,在拉威尔的带领下,按照流程进行祭拜,没有喧嚣的人声,没有哀怨的音乐,整个场面庄严肃穆。

The people came to the cemetery, and under the lead of Ravel, they worshipped in accordance with the procedure, with no noisy voices and no mournful music. The whole place was solemn.

尚可身姿笔挺地站在拉威尔身后,一边观礼,一边警惕地留意四周的情况。

Shang Ke stood upright behind Ravel, observing the ceremony while vigilantly paying attention to the situation around him.

祭礼一直持续了三个多小时,尚可最后作为革命先烈乌特雷的儿子,亲自给"父亲"献上花圈。

The ceremony lasted for more than three hours, and finally, as the son of Utretch, the revolutionary martyr, Shang Ke personally put a wreath for his "father".

"这位就是乌特雷将军的儿子?"有人小声说道,"看起来完全不像是遭受过什么酷刑的样子啊,这不是挺健康吗?"

"Is that the son of General Utretch?" Someone whispered, "It doesn't look like he has been tortured at all, doesn't he look healthy?"

"健康?你开什么玩笑?那天他被拉威尔陛下抱出刑讯室时,四肢骨骼碎裂,皮肤无一完好,体内还被注射了几十种药物,可以说被折磨得不成人形,当时几乎没有人认为他还能活下来。结果,他硬是挺住了。"话语中充满了佩服。

"Healthy? Are you kidding me? When he was carried out of the torture room by His Majesty Ravel that day, his limbs were broken and bones were shattered, no part of his skin was intact, and he had dozens of drugs injected into his body. It can be said that he was tortured beyond recognition. At that time, almost no one thought he could still survive. In the end, he managed to pull through." His words were full of admiration.

"听说他有个兄弟,企图趁他病危之际毒杀他,万幸被拉威尔陛下及时发现并阻止。但即便如此,也让他昏迷了两个多月。"

"I heard that he had a brother who tried to poison him while he was in a critical condition. Fortunately, His Majesty Ravel found out in time and stopped him. But even so, it caused him to be in a coma for more than two months."

"这件事我知道,当时审判时,我还去看了。凶手是乌特雷将军的养子,为了名利不惜毒害兄弟,简直丧心病狂。"

"I know about this. I was also there during the trial. The assailant was General Utretch's adopted son. He poisoned his brother for the sake of fame and fortune. He's simply crazy."

"还好凯奇福大命大,如今也算是苦尽甘来。"

"Fortunately, Cage was blessed with a good life, and his suffering has now come to an end."