Woes of a lover

Everything went quiet for a moment.

The air shivered with the reverberating echos of tires screeching against the asphalt, the busted car tank hissing from the fumes that escaped quickly from its exhaust. But it was quiet otherwise.

Jungkook stood languidly in front of the bumper, hands in his pockets and eyes staring down blankly at the sleek expensive vehicle, as if it wasn't just about to ram its existence onto the ravenette.

As if on dramatic cue, the door to the black cardillac was thrown open and the sound of polished heels hit the ground. Jungkook watched as the driver emerged from the door.
Black waist length hair, sleek body and a face etched with worry and frustration.

"Who the fuc-- Jungkook?"

The said man caught the inside of his lip seeing as the girl advanced towards him with fastened steps. For some reason, she was the last person he wanted see right then.

"Oh my god Jungkook what-- what are you doing?? I could've hit you! Oh my god!!" Kara exclaimed stressfully, her beautiful face dripping with concern and worry," You could've hurt yourself!"

Jungkook simply blinked at her before lowering his eyes down to the broken asphalt beneath his feet. Her words slowly registered in his head. She could've hit him. He could've been hurt.

He could've died too.

Just like Taehyung did.

"Jungkook are you listening to me?" Her voice and the little unwelcome snap of her fingers brought him back to the present situation. The mob boss lifted his gaze up and looked around. The by lane was usually pretty vacant save for a few vehicles, since it was only used by the mafia as a shortcut to their hideout and its adjoining areas.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her with a raised brow, frowning as her form suddenly shifted to a more nervous one.

"T-that--uh- i was coming to um see you." Kara quipped, eyes lowered as she tucked a stray lock behind her pierced ear.

The ravenette hummed and looked up at the darkening sky, rumbling with thunderous clouds that sprawled long across the endless roof.

"You should be heading back. It's going to rain soon." He said dismissively, wanting to just be left alone for the moment.

Kara peered up with a look of surprise. Jungkook never used to brush her off like that. Not until two days back when he shouted at her for no reason. It was weird because it hurt her feelings more than it was meant too.

She cleared her throat and ran a shaky hand through her sundress before looking up to see the man already trying to walk away with his back facing her way.

"Jungkook wait!!" She called out, running upto him as he stopped in his tracks. She reached him as he turned to face her, an irritated frown now resting upon his brows.

"C-can i talk to you f-for a moment?" Kara stammered, her voice giving away how tense she was the whole time. Jungkook noticed her state and gave in, nodding along with a sigh.

"Um actually i was-- um i don't know how to begin this but... t-that day you shouted at m-me..." She paused, collecting herself as Jungkook stared her down curiously," i- think i realized something. And I wanted to give you this."

The mob boss watched as she opened her black shimmery clutch and pulled out a piece of neatly folded paper before extending it towards him. Jungkook flitted his gaze between the paper and Kara's hopeful face, hands still in his pockets, making no effort to take it.

"What is in it." He finally asked her and she dropped her hand, fiddling with the corners of the note.

"Um, fund transfer papers." She replied, not looking up," t-those are my dads. Y-you can have them."