• 𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈 •

ɪᴛ's 2 ᴀᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴡʜᴏ ғɪɴɪsʜᴇᴅ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ɪs ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ɴᴏᴡ? ʏᴇᴀʜ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀɪᴅ sᴜɴsᴇᴛʙʟᴇssɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴄᴏʀʀᴇᴄᴛ! ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴡɪsᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sʜᴇʀʟᴏᴄᴋ ʜᴏʟᴍᴇs!  (ᴋ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ sᴛᴏᴘ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ғᴜɴ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ <3)

The power our choices hold, the way they can change our whole life, one mistake and everything flies out of the window.

"Monique" I spoke calmly after what she had told me, I should've been shouting at her cursing but I didn't, the fact that she hadn't mentioned anything about Andrew being aware of my and Elide plan was positive, but after all the things Andrew did she still decided to help him.

I didn't care about the stolen evidence, Elide made me duplicate them and put them in a safe place, I cared about what was going on in that woman head to help Andrew.

"Why are you doing this?" The motherly instinct had its limits, the victims over the guilty, no matter what, that was supposed to be common sense for the majority of people but apparently not for my wife.

My eyes fell on the device I was using to control everything that was happening with Andrew and Elide and I stopped giving attention to Monique seeing what was happening, he was groping her, my jaw glanced and gripped my phone so tightly that It could just break in two pieces if I'd applied any more pressure, Monique explanations weren't relevant anymore, I needed to get Elide out of there before he could hurt her.

I glanced up at the rear-view mirror to see Luke and Rosie looking at me, waiting for instructions. I pointed to the exit of the car and they nodded quickly leaving me alone in the car. Andrew wasn't the only one with friends at the police department and these two were witnessing and hearing everything.

"Are you even listening to me?" The high pitched voice of Monique asked and I took slow controlled breaths before answering, barely able to calm my anger.

"Yes, I am" if this call wasn't being intercepted I would've just hung up the phone but I needed her to speak too, if she was willing to keep defending Andrew she could also end up exactly like him.

"Cheating on me wasn't enough huh? You also have to be a fucking asshole!" she raised her voice, I wasn't surprised that she knew it just that I didn't care, I wasn't a saint I shouldn't have been cheating on my wife, but she wasn't any better in fact she was worse.

"You really think I could stay faithful to someone like you?"I spoke in a low voice, you could still detect my obvious anger, that wasn't just a rhetorical question, I really wondered if she realized how horrible of a person she was to defend an abuser.

"Like me what?" She asked like she was genuinely asking what was wrong with being a person like her.

"Someone that does everything in their power to protect abusers, someone that kept lying for months if not years! Someone so selfish and with no empathy or whatsoever."

"You are talking as if Andrew isn't our son, your son!" She said in a defensive tone and I felt repulsed, she really thought that that would make any difference. He wasn't a child and I wasn't going to treat him like one.