14: Annoy Me All You Want, Elena

"Hamburger? You're eating a large hamburger? You sure about that?" I asked after she just placed her order. "Why does that surprise you?" She asked when my hotdog sandwich was given to me at this food stand. I shrugged. "I just pegged you as a salad kind of person. I mean where does all this.." I motioned on the burger she's holding. "Goes? Where do you keep it?" She took a huge bite, moaned, and closed her eyes. She chews slowly. And swallowed before opening her eyes. "My ass." She turned and I watched how her hips swayed as she walks away. "Made you look didn't I?" I looked up to meet her eyes. Trouble, indeed.

We sat on a nearby bench. "So you see, it's not an easy job. But I get by." She says as she gulps on her can of soda. She burps. Loud. "Elena!" I looked at her wide-eyed. She laughs. "What?" This woman is beyond what I imagined.

"Sounds like a really tough position. But it doesn't look like you're busy. You're out here Friday night on a beach date, making furniture, eating burgers, and baking desserts.. How do you joggle all without looking stressed at all?" I asked. She looked away but I caught her cheeks flaming pink at the compliment. My stomach churned. Knowing I'm the one who inspired it. "So this is a date.." She said softly. I chuckled. I guess I can't take that back now. "Life is short." She said. "While I do love my job, my hobbies and doing mundane things is what keeps me alive. Keeps me on my toes and going. I grew up with 3 older brothers and 2 older sisters in a wealthy family. Sounds like a lot of fun, but I was never really close to any of them. My parents were always working. And my siblings followed through. Sometimes I can't help but think I don't belong in the family just because I always make time for Christmas gatherings and holidays. While everyone is busy making money roll like they were born to do it." She looked down at her hands and touched the little smiley face I drew right next to the store's address and my number. My personal number. She smiled. "You sure you're giving me your number, Grace?" I shrugged. "What's the harm in that? We're friends now, right?" I asked. She nodded. "I'm an annoying friend. Just a disclaimer." Annoy me all you want, Elena.