Bunch of puppies

Y/n's POV

Clint lead me towards the elevator which was right next to the interrogation room. We went down what I presume to be three floors. He placed a hesitant hand on my back as he guided me down a plain hallway. We stopped near the end of the hall and he opened the door.

The room that he had given me was a small plain room, but it did have a plant. Given that I am their prisoner it was expected, I bet the twenty other rooms on this floor are the same. The walls were a dark gray and there was a single window that I doubt my head would fit through. There was a single bed with white sheets. There was one other door in the room which lead to a simple bathroom that had a toilet, small shower and a sink.

"I can take the handcuffs off now if you'd like," Clint said and I jumped not expecting it.

"Nah, I'd love to stay handcuffed," I replied, obviously joking. I turned around to see him holding a key in his hand and the a happy look in his eyes. I hold out my hands, and he unlocked them. I sighed in relief when they fell off, they'd been digging into my wrists since the Winter Soldier tightened them when he'd bright me here.

Clint could see the angry red marks from the cuffs before I could hide them. His face fell and he looked like a small puppy who found out that he couldn't have anymore treats. He turn around mumbling something, 'that bastard' was the only thing I could make out as he turned around and locked the door.

I turned and looked at the bed with longing, I suppose there's nothing stopping me. I walked over to the bed and hesitantly lifted the duvet and climbed inside.

How could something be so soft! This bed is what I imagined a cloud to feel like. I literally felt like I was floating.

I curled up, dragging the duvet in my hand and cuddled into it. I sighed, never did I want to leave this.

Avengers' POV

"BUCKY!" Clint barrelled into the living area in search of one Winter Soldier.

Everyone had been having breakfast watching the monitor showing the camera in the interrogation room and the room in which Y/n, who they just learned the name of an hour ago, now stays in.

They knew that Clint was upset immediately but they didn't know what for, as far as the saw he'd taken off Y/n's cuffs and he'd walked out of the room. What could Bucky have done in that space of time? They were frightened for him because they knew that Nat would most likely side with her best friend and partner if a fight broke out.

"Yes?" Came Bucky's usual small voice.

"First you traumatised the poor girl and then I found out how tight you'd put the had cuffs on her! She'll need to get her wrists wrapped, she would be in pain right now!" He was angry to the point there were almost tears. Clint was known to care a lot about people and acted like the mom in the group. Everyone's eyes turned to Bucky who gulped.

"Sorry," he said in a quiet voice. He knew that they'd tried switching tactics this morning, trying to befriend the girl instead of intimidate her. So far it's kind of worked. Only Clint was able to get a good look at her face without her mask, due to the location of the, genius, placement of the camera. Because the city cameras weren't applicable for facial recognition and Nat and Bucky had only see her face for a few seconds before she'd put on her mask.

"THATS HELPFUL," he snapped, like a mother to her children. "Apologise to me! No! You are going down there too the girl and apologise to her. She's a child for fucks sake."

Everyone was shocked at the last statement they had expected the rest. Everyone glance at the monitor to look at the girl. She was curled up and hugging the duvet like a small child that needed to be protected, not a vicious criminal that needed to be taken down by the avengers like she had. Everyone looked like a lost bunch of puppies.

Clint slid into the nearest empty chair and his adrenaline fuelled anger lulled. He gave a pointed glare to Bucky who stood up and walked towards the door, his head hanging.

Y/n's POV

I was woken up by a gentle scratch at the door. A muffled voice announced that they were coming in. I heard the keys jangle and saw the door swing open to reveal the Winter Soldier standing in the doorway. I pulled up the duvet to hid as much as possible from him while also being able to see him. He scuffled into the room like a puppy who got caught chewing the couch.

I felt sorry for him, I feel like Clint might have had something to do with this.

The Winter Soldier had made it to the side of the bed that I was sitting on, and he crouched down beside the bed. His gaze was still on the floor as he spoke.

"I came to apologise to you, I didn't mean to hurt you, and I didn't mean to scare you in the way I did I was too focused on getting the answers. I should have known better," he said in a small voice which surprised me.

He looked up once he'd finished and I could see the hopeful spark in his eyes. I could tell that he doesn't normally speak to people and I empathised with him.

He held out his hand awkwardly and asked, "forgive me?" I ignored the hand and reached out and wrapped my arms around him.

"Thank you for apologising, I'm Y/n, to answer your question," I said in an equally small and shaky voice. I was close to tears, that was the first time that someone has ever apologised to me.

The door opened again to reveal a timid looking
Dr. Banner. Okay what's up? Are the avengers all just a bunch of puppies?

He held up a roll of bandages in a silent question of whether or not he should come in. I nodded as best I could, with my head mostly buried in the Winter Soldier's shoulder, knowing that my healing would only work on big threatening injuries.

Bucky let me go and exited the room as Dr. Banner walked in.

"Everything is going to be fine, is it okay for me to touch your arm to wrap your wrists?" He asked in a sweet voice, adorable. I nodded and he walked over and sat on the bed beside me. I held out my wrists, which he wrapped. I watched the look of concentration on his face rather than what he was doing. It was the first time that someone has ever helped me, ever cared for me, treated me.

There were a lot of firsts going on today and I have a feeling there are going to be more in the future.

——————

A/n: none of you know me but I have like three people to tell so I just need to say it to more people I GOT A FUCKING JOB.  I also had to call someone on my phone, social anxiety go brrr. I'm being an adult now, I don't wanna grow up :'(. Sorry for the delay in updating as well, gotta love when your family makes you hang out with them 'family bonding' and all that.
Also holt shit 9k reads! It was at 6k yesterday I swear and 8 an hour ago wtf thank you <3.