| five; evolution

the shadow in the light

chapter five; evolution

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. to conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

y/n hummed as she strolled around in the city, currently bored. she needed something to pass time. an important matter came up and it only would be discussed in a few hours. she stopped humming when she saw a crowd. curious at them, she walked closer to them. it was then that she spotted yoon-ho who was being interviewed.

"they say there has been a major accident while training the recruits, is that true?"

"is it true that all the high-ranked hunters have died and only the low-ranked hunters have survived?"

"there's also a rumour from the survivors that there's someone who helped them. what do you think of this?"

she watched as the reporters continue to press on the accident and looked at yoon-ho, wanting to see how he'd deal with the situation.

"the investigation with the association has already been completed. there has indeed been an accident, but there was no outside party involved," yoon-ho answered with a straight face.

his eyes glanced around before meeting with y/n's. she smiled and pointed to his car, indicating that she would be entering it.

"then why are you blocking interviews with the survivors?"

"that's it for the questioning," yoon-ho said and walked to his car before anyone else could ask him a question.

the door closed and he began driving back to the white tiger guild. y/n, who had been lying down on the backseat, sat up and leaned forward, "busy with reporters now, hmm?"

yoon-ho groaned as he made a turn, "it's tiring. i'm going to lay low at the guild."

she grinned as she climbed to the passenger seat, "can i join? i'm escaping from baek-hyun. he's making me do a lot of paperwork."

yoon-ho chuckled as he glanced at her, "maybe i'll tell baek-hyun about your location."

"do that and i swear i'll get the reporters to barge in your guild," she answered with a smile.

"all right, i'll keep quiet."

"good."

soon, they arrived at the white tiger guild. they walked in swiftly so that they would not get stopped by anyone. once the two arrived at yoon-ho's office, they both let out the breaths they've been holding since they entered the guild.

y/n looked at yoon-ho before breaking out into laughter, and yoon-ho followed soon after. they then moved up to the seats and laid down.

"damn reporters, they're really good at sniffing things out."

"tell me about it," y/n said and let out a groan.

the phone at yoon-ho's table suddenly rang and he pressed the button. a voice came from the phone and she assumed it was his assistant. "master, mister byeong-gu is requesting a call. what should i do?"