{17} Speechless

Sorin and I have been driving for hours now, the sun has set and we're still driving in silence. We haven't spoken since we left the school, it's been peaceful. My tears are long gone, but I'm still feeling hurt. I wonder if I'll ever get a life where I can just be happy. I thought living with my brothers was going to make my life better but it's basically only brought me deeper in depression. 

The boys at school are not making matters any better. Arlo ruined my chances at joining the baking competition which I actually wanted to do. I wanted to feel like a kid who does normal things like get involved in school events. But I suppose I was asking for too much.

Aw frick I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes again. I look out the window in hopes that Sorin wont notice and quickly blink them away.

The sound of Sorin's phone going off catches my attention and I watch as he checks the notification. He scoffs at it and rolls his eyes before tossing his phone back into the cupholder it was in previously. He then makes a sudden U-turn which jerks me around in my seat.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Jasper lost his car so we have to go pick him up." Sorin says annoyed.

"How does one loose their car?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"He's just a f*cking idiot. It's not the first time, I'm sure it wont be the last." 

"Erm okay." I reply, glancing back out the window.

"We've been driving around for a while, are you ready to talk?" Sorin asks softly and I take a deep breath. 

"No." I reply. 

"Okay," He pauses for a moment. "Just remember it's not healthy to keep it all in. I'm not going to force you to talk, but I'm here anytime."

"But you're not." I say just above a whisper, avoiding eye contact with Sorin.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"We're not allowed to talk or be together or whatever." I reply sadly.

"Caspian lifted that part of the punishment. It seems as though he's gained a few brain cells." Sorin says making my eyes widen in surprise. I cant fight the smile that appears on my face and Sorin smiles back. 

We continue driving in silence and I cant help but feel some joy. I am surprised though, I expected Caspian to go longer with this but I'm not complaining. It doesn't erase everything else he did though, that dude has some work to do in getting off the hitlist. 

After driving for about another 20 minutes, we pull into giant mansion that has at least a hundred cars lined in the driveway and on the street. No wonder Jasper lost his. People are scattered all along the lawn, some passed out and others wobbling around, clearly drunk. Trash is littered everywhere and part of the house has toilet paper hanging from it. I can hear the loud music from down the long driveway and I start to feel a little anxious. Sorin grabs his phone and dials a number which I assume is Jaspers. 

"I'm here." He simply says and hangs up.

We park in front of the door, almost hitting a few stupid people on our way down the driveway. I'm honestly surprised Sorin didn't hit them out of annoyance. After a few minutes, Jasper walks out of the house and comes up to the car, knocking on Sorin's window until he rolls it down.

"Kohen's here too, he's drunk somewhere and I cant find him." Jasper says. He looks surprisingly sober, I cant see any signs of drunkeness on him.

"What the f*ck Jasper, what am I supposed to do now?" Sorin says annoyed.