twenty-two; fury

chapter twenty-two❝ she's turned the villain to the victim ❞fury

chapter twenty-two
she's turned the villain to the victim
fury

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

"So this kid's the real killer?"

Sheriff Stilinski looks at the photo of Matt Daehler. Stiles nods. "Yeah."

Sheriff shakes his head. "No."

"Yes!"

"No."

Stiles springs out of his seat. "Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

Sheriff nods, "Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris's class." Kennedy sits on Stiles's bed, wrapped in a blanket, still in her dress and Stiles's orange sweat shirt. She watched them all, her mind still processing the fact that Matt had been stalking her this entire time.

Stiles pauses, "All right, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything." Stiles goes to argue with his dad, but Noah turns, "Scott, do you believe this!"

Scott looks over at Kennedy, who had nothing to say. "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt." He explains.

Stiles nods, "And he's been stalking Kenny for months." Kennedy looks up, "He has photos of her, Dad. Hundreds." Noah nods slowly in thought. "Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him."

Noah nods, "All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

Stiles huffs, "Isn't it obvious?" All of them look at him, "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years. Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"

Noah looks at Kennedy, knowing at the very least he could get the guy on a stalking and assault charge. "What do you want me to do?"

Kennedy stands up, "We need to look at the evidence."

"Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work."