Wattpad Original
There are 65 more free parts

hold

verb ~ to grasp, support or carry with one's hands

Once we had located a change of clothes, I let out a loud sigh. We had walked in silence, even the birds above us were quiet. Phoenix somehow managed to walk quietly and stealthily even when in we walked through the messy treeline.

He cleared his throat when he neared the house and turned to me. He was just dressed in pyjama-type bottoms, his delicious torso on view. I huffed and crossed my arms, not meeting his gaze.

"I have matters to attend to." He spoke.

"And?" I snapped, looking down at the mud between my toes.

He sighed. "Were you always this spirited?"

I shrugged. "Everything needs a little watering and time."

He chuckled and this time I looked up at him.

"That's true." He smiled softly. "You'll see someday Nova, that what you just said means more than you'll know."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but he merely turned and walked away without another glance. I felt curious about his 'personal matters' so decided to follow him. I kept a good distance away, moving as quietly as I could. I may be clumsy, but I was small, so it worked well.

As I peeked my head around the last corner of the house, I saw him approach a bunch of people. I sniffed slightly as the wind drew their scent in my direction. They were not from this pack.

Phoenix greeted each man and stood there before a beautiful woman stepped toward him. They hugged each other, him placing a kiss on her cheek. Her long black hair was braided down past her shoulders and her dark skin glistened in the sunlight. It seemed she didn't have a single imperfection on her.

"Nice to see you again, Phoenix." The black beauty cooed.

His hand smoothed down her back as they hugged, and I could feel the boiling jealously coming to the surface. She called him by his name and not his title, and he was touching her way too much to be strangers.

A low whimper left my throat as they turned and walked up the front steps, his hand on her upper hip. He must've heard because his head turned in my direction, but I quickly darted behind the house.

I slithered myself down the wall until I sat with my knees to my chest. Who was that woman? And why were they so close to each other? Was this the reason he wouldn't accept me; he had someone else?

I tried to stop the tears, but I found them defeating me and dripping down my chin. I sniffled before deciding to go to my room. I jogged blindly through the front doors and the foyer. Today had been too much and I was too confused and overrun with emotions. I couldn't handle the abundance of them. I just wanted to get away and have some alone time.

In my blind haste, I bumped into someone, but they gripped my arms to stop me from falling. I shrieked an apology and tried to move out of their way.

"Nova?"

It was Sean. I looked up at him through blurry eyes and his hands moved from my arms to cup my cheeks in his hands. His grey eyes studied me with a deep frown, and I let out a pathetic smile as he wiped my tears away with his thumb.

"What happened?" He whispered.

"I-I c-can't." I shook my head, closing my eyes.

He forced my face back upwards to stare into my eyes. His eyes darted all over my face, his mind probing to try and reach mine. He was so close to me that I could see all of his eyelashes.