Chapter 31: Scabbers

Y/n pov

"Why do you both look so glum" I asked walking up to Hermione and Ron in the great hall. "They've been like this since last night" Harry replied sighing. "What happened?" I asked turning to Harry.

"Crookshanks took Scabbers, I can't even imagine the pain he must be going through right now" Ron replied. "Crookshanks didn't take Scabbers Ron, honestly Y/n he's been blaming poor Crookshanks the moment Scabbers went missing." Hermione added tired of Ron's drama.

"That evil monster of yours took my poor Scabbers" Ron said in a quavering voice. "Stop blaming Crookshanks!" Hermione yelled back. "Calm down you both" I shouted. "I'll try my best to find Scabbers Ron, I promise you" I said turning to Ron. "And Mione, I believe Crook shanks is innocent. If Crook shanks were to take Scabbers, he would have done it long ago" I said turning back to Mione.

"Thank you" Harry whispered to me. "You're welcome" I replied smiling. "What if we use the map to find Scabbers?" He asked. "The map doesn't work on animals Harry, only humans in Hogwarts" I replied. "So I guess for now Scabbers remains missing" he said. I nodded. "I have to get to class, no fighting you both" I said glancing at my watch. "I'll see you guys later" I added walking away.

Ron was silent for the whole day, extremely distraught about Scabbers being missing. There was no talk from him until a day later. "Hey Dean, is Harry here?" I asked walking into the Gryffindor common room. "Nope, he'll be back soon though" Dean replied. "Oh okay, thank you Dean" I said taking a seat opposite to him.

"Hey Y/n" I heard Harry say walking into the common room. He walked in with Ron, who looked upset. "Hi Harry, I just needed the map" I replied getting up. "Sure I'll go get it" He replied leaving. Ron had already left first, without saying a word."Um Y/n do you mind coming to the dorm for a minute" I heard Harry say from upstairs. "Yea I'm coming" I replied getting up and walking to them.

"What's wrong Harry" I asked entering the dorm. Ron moved away from his bed and I saw his bed curtains completely ripped up. "It looks like some kind of an animal attack" I said. "I thought so too, except what kind of animal could do that?" Harry replied nodding. "This is the second horrible thing that has been happened to me this week" Ron said sitting on his bed. "I'll check whether anything was taken" Harry said looking under Ron's bed.

"Hey Ron, are you alright" I asked sitting next to him. "No I'm not Y/n, I was upset when Scabbers went missing, but now I'm a little scared" He replied frowning. "Nothing can ever happen to you Ron, you are one of my greatest friends, and I won't let anything happen to you" I said smiling.

"If anyone was too come after you, I promise I'll kill them then and there" I added. "Thank you Y/n , I'm glad you're one of my best friends" He replied smiling. "You're like a little brother to me, I'll protect you at all costs" I said making him smile wider. "Now that you're happy again, I think it's time you apologized to Mione, you blamed Crook shanks and she didn't like it at all" I added.

"Yes I should, even if I think Crook Shanks may have taken Scabbers" He replied chuckling. "Ron!" I said rolling my eyes playfully. "I don't think they took anything" Harry said after checking through Ron's stuff. "Well since that's that, I'm leaving" I replied. "Don't you need the map?" Harry asked handing the map to me. I shook my head no and walked away.