•25•

Aiyana Valentino

I was in the closet, strapping a pair of high heels on when I exited back into the room to the most divine sight ever.

My husband stumbling out of the shower in nothing but a pair of slacks while still drying his wet chest with a towel, his arm and back muscles contracting at the action.

My mouth went dry at the sight and heat pooled at the bottom of my stomach. I one thousand percent hated the effect he had on me.

I decided to ignore him, give him the cold shoulder as he was doing; nursing him his own poison, and headed to the vanity table to finish my makeup off.

I gave him absolutely no reaction and stood there in all my glory, with the black satin dress hugging my curves in all the right places, accentuating my curves, also it came with a slit so high that it showed my upper thigh.

I notice the unwavering sight of Ren lingering on my figure, concentrating on certain areas longer than necessary with a look of desire clouding his hazelnut eyes.

Serves him right.

He disappears into the closet, to put on the rest of his clothes, and I'm left to check myself out in the mirror. I knew I looked too good, with my hair curled and makeup smoky, lastly ending the look with a classic bold red lip.

I was finally done with retouching my face, when I pulled a little necklace that had a single pearl hanging from, screaming simplistic and minimal to compliment my look.

I struggle with clasping it on with my freshly done nails. I huff in frustration, just when I thought I'd finally done it; turns out I don't.

I was about to give up on putting it on when the whiff of his addictive cologne penetrated into my body, I noticed his figure standing behind me, towering over me in his jet black suit, standing extremely close; too close for my liking.

His hands brush my hair to the side, his fingers leaving burning marks on my skin which caused me to hitch my breath from the contact.

We lock eyes through the mirror, holding each other hostage through the gaze. The tension rising between us, engulfing the whole room.

His nose nuzzles in my hair, I'm dying at the proximity. How fucking long does it take to put a fucking necklace on?

It's safe to say my guts are mushed at the feel of him this utterly close. I wanted to push him away, but at the same time, bring him down and kiss the hell out of him, branding him with my lipstick to claim him mine.

I force myself to snap out of the moment, reminding myself that I'm mad at him and shouldn't melt at his touch, I should be able to hold my ground and not crack down under the first means of temptation thrown at me.

Somehow, we made it to the car without ripping each other's heads off, or clothes either for that matter. We file in silently, this time Ren opting to occupy the driver's seat.

He gets behind the wheel, leaving me no choice but to plop down in the passenger seat beside him. He starts the car, the engine roaring to life and we trek down the road.

I lean my head on the window, facing the passing scenery. This is the first time I'm officially meeting his family.

Sure, I met his parents briefly at the wedding ceremony, but now I was bound to meet the rest of the family, knowing he had siblings.