Basket 4

Third POV

"These two are your big weakness," Kagami smirked as he stared down Kise.

There was silence throughout Kaijo's gym as the two boys stared each other down. Kise had more of a shocked expression as did almost everyone else from each team. Well, with the exception of (Y/N) and Kuroko. The phantom just had a plain, unimpressed look on his face. Probably from the large hand on his head that belonged to his oaf of a teammate.

(Y/N)'s expression was kind of unreadable. She didn't look shocked nor happy that they had exposed Kise's weakness. But the others still didn't quite understand how the two players were the model's weakness.

"If Kagami can't stop Kise, what could his weakness be?" Hyuga asked himself out loud.

"Aside from passing, Kuroko's the weakest player out there. I understand (Y/N), but how could it be him too?" Riko questioned herself as well.

Kise, on the other hand, didn't really know what to think of this sudden revelation. But, at the same time, he understood it all too. The blonde soon smirked, himself, as he looked back at Kagami as Kuroko shook his hand off of his light blue head while the red head took his hand off of the female player's shoulder as well.

"And? It's true I can't copy Kurokocchi's style by watching him. And (Y/N)cchi's moves are physically impossible for me to perform. But, how does that affect this situation at all?" The model provoked.

It was quite simple, really. Kise still had more than enough to win against Seirin without copying his old teammates' abilities.

With the words being exchanged, the whistle was blown, marking the end of the first quarter, and allowing each team a two minute break. The score was now 27-35, Kaijo's favor.

"Just watch. In the second quarter, we'll have you bawling on your knees," Kagami warned as he made his way back to the bench with his teammates.

Kise narrowed his golden orbs slightly before making his way back to his side of the court as well. Somehow, he didn't like the way the red head had said that.

"What the hell are you doing out there?! We could've had a bigger lead!" Takeuchi shouted to the Kaijo players on the bench.

"Right!"

Of course, even he wasn't expecting Seirin to be this good in staying on their tail the entirety of the first quarter. This could spell trouble for Kaijo if they didn't figure something out.

"Your fundamentals look like total garbage. Hands up, box out, defense!" He commanded.

"Right!" All of the starters responded.

All except one. As Takeuchi continued on with his rant sounding pep talk, Kasamatsu looked over to see Kise sitting there, deep in thought. Clearly, Kagami's words had gotten to him, a glare settled on his face. This could get bad, and fast.

"I see," Riko began on Seirin's side.

She had begun to process what Kagami had said right before their break. And it all started to make sense to her as she placed a hand on her chin in thought.

"Yeah, that could work. Looks like you're finally starting to cool down, Kagami," the coach smiled proudly as she looked over to the standing first year trio.

"Nah, I've been cool this whole time," the red head defended.

But there were many who didn't believe any of that garbage, with (Y/N) being the one to call him out on his bull crap as she took another drink of her water.

"You big liar," she stated with a neutral expression.

"(Y/N)!"

His poor heart couldn't believe she wasn't on his side. But, she wasn't wrong in the long run. And her other friends knew that, Izuki and Hyuga glaring at their hot headed underclassman.