Chapter - 1

"Congratulations Didi" Swara turned to look at her little brother Rohan and before she knew, she was pulled into a tight hug.

"Thanks, Jiju now this Hitler will be your headache. And now you must bear her tantrums for all your life. So much needed best of luck" Rohan teased breaking his hug.

"Ouch" he screamed as Swara hit him on his back. "By the way, wish you both my heartly congratulations." Rohan turned to Nikhil.

"Rohan watch your words man. Now you are talking about my beloved fiancée" Nikhil wrapped his arms around Swara's shoulder. She wiggled as everyone was watching them with adore.

"What? Just now we got engaged and we have all rights to romance in front of everyone" Nikhil shrugged his shoulders winking at Swara whose cheeks were competing with tomatoes.

Everyone laughed loudly looking at the teasing session.

"Take care of my daughter" Anurag, Swara's father blessed both, whereas Reva, her mother became teary as usual.

'All mothers are the same they have water connection to their eyes.'  Swara became teary with just the thought that within few months she would be married and moved to her in-law's place.

"Ohh come on Swara & Reva, why you both are crying? She is not going far away. She will be just next door where you both can meet each other every day" Sumitra, Nikhil's mother replied understanding.

Today was the most awaited day for Mehra and Chaturvedi Family as it was engagement of their kids. Both families were staying in Mumbai's suburb Borivali's Surya-Kiran Society and shared warm relation.

Swara knew Nikhil from last three to four years. From the day Mehra family shifted to Borivali from Girgaon Chawl.

Mehra family was nuclear middle-class family in which head of the family Anurag was accountant in co-operative bank whereas Reva his wife, was housewife, but she supported her husband with her tiffin service. They both worked hard to build this small one bedroom hall kitchen flat.

Swara was bright student from her childhood. She earned scholarship for higher studies not burdening her parents for her masters. She used to do small jobs while studying to support her family. She completed her Civil Engineering successfully grabbing good rankings from universities. Because of her good ranks she was successful to earn a job as architect in one of Construction company.

Chaturvedi family stayed in next building of same society. Both families became friends during society functions and celebrations.

Nikhil was obstructed with Swara's beauty, it was love at first sight for him.  He became her friend over the years. And one day, he confessed his love to his parents who did not wait for even a day and brought alliance talks on table with Mehra family.

Swara was shocked, she knew he had feelings, but he was so serious about their relation came as shock to her. She was on cloud nine as her long-time crush reciprocated to her feelings. Both families accepted the alliance without doing any drama.

There was no chance for Mehra family's rejection, as Nikhil used to work as software development engineer in reputed IT company which had client base in North American and European continents.

"Nikhil, take this your aunt wants to wish you" Nikhil's father Divakar gave his phone.

"Hey Radhika Aunty. How are you how's everything over there?" Swara heard Nikhil's cheerful voice.

"She was going to come but I told her it will be better if she comes for wedding. It would be too much costly for them to come two times from Canada" Sumitra mentioned to Reva about her sister-in-law who was settled in Canada from last 15 years.