25 - The Gryffindor Sword

Saudade: a nostalgic longing to be near again to something distant

【 ϟ 】
Amora
February 1st 1998
It was one of those warm rainy nights when Amora awoke to a startling thud on the door. Tonks and Remus had been out for around two days hopping safe house to safe house checking on the order, delivering as much help as they could give. So when Amora crept down the hallway, listening to the quiet thuds of rain on the thin roof above her, she expected to see them at the door.

She pulled her sleeve down to ensure her veins wouldn't show.

Bang, bang, bang.

The door knocked again.

Amora opened the door quickly, about to say something when she caught herself surprised when she felt cold arms wrap around her, soft sobs admitting from the person. Sprinkles of rain spotted her face as she pushed the person away carefully.

"Hazel?"

The girl looked at her now, tears ran frantically down her face
, she nodded.

"Hazel— what are yo-?"

Hazel limped into the cottage, water dripping from her clothes. Hazel looked corpse like. Almost.

She wasn't sobbing anymore, just numbly looking around the room.

"Hazel? What happened?"

Hazel looked at her pleadingly.

"I- I don't want to say yet-"

Hazel said, almost wincing.

"Okay Hazel, go sit on the couch I'll get Ginny and we'll make you tea."

Hazel grabbed her arm as she was about to walk away.

"No— dont leave me alone, please."

"Okay."

Amora sighed before turning her head to the hall.

"Ginny!"

Hazel made her way to the sofa, sitting down with caution, staring at the paintings on the wall numbly. She soon pulled out photographs from her coat pocket, Hazel and Theo the young couple smiling together on all of them.

A fleece curtain in the kitchen blew heavily into a candle that sat lit on the counter, she blew it out immediately and shut the window.