Chapter 17; The Storm

My twt is @HadesTrades, I post updates on delays or reschedules there, follow to keep updated!

CW; physical violence (can't think of any others)

-

"I'm getting kind of worried," Phil said. He'd been waiting in the cabin for a while now for Tommy to return. He knew the boy needed some space, so he wasn't that surprised when he seemed to be taking his time to get back. But it'd been long enough that the concern was warranted. It was nearly midnight now.

Even Dream was worried when he'd come up from the basement, voicing his concern for Tommy having not returned yet.

Dream had thought maybe the boy was simply chatting with Techno and Phil about their plans. When he'd woken in the night and it hadn't been to Tommy gently shaking him to request to share the bed again- a ritual that Dream had grown used to in the last few days- Dream knew something was wrong.

"Where did you leave him?" Dream asked Phil and the man answered that Tommy had taken the portal back to his exile.

"Why?" Dream asked, confused that Tommy would even do that. It was very out of the way and didn't make any sense that the boy would want to take that route given the memories associated with it.

"We'd had a little bit of a... tense conversation, you could say," Phil answered simply and Dream frowned down at him.

"You said something to him?" Dream asked, feeling protective of Tommy suddenly. He crossed his arms over his chest. There shouldn't have been anything Phil could have said to the boy that would've made him not return to Dream, at the very least.

"We were just chattin' about his exile," Phil explained, not feeling the need to go further into detail. "Think he needed some time to himself after."

"Well you must have said something," Dream pressed, a glare setting to his face as he looked down at the man who was seated atop one of the many chests that spotted Techno's living room.

Phil was confused by Dream's insistence, not sure what the man wanted from him. Perhaps there was a sensitive topic he may have touched on that would have Tommy wanting to leave.

"Why? You have something to hide, Dream?" Phil looked up at him. His demeanor was calm, but his words were an obvious accusation.

"Wha-"

"Fellas," Techno interrupted. He'd come down from the upstairs area; after hearing the commotion below, he wanted to check out what was going on as their voices grew increasingly aggressive. "Think y'all are forgettin' there's a whole country out for Tommy right now."

"Oh, shit!"

"Shit!"

Dream and Philza both exclaimed at the realization. Tommy was likely in much more trouble than they'd initially considered.

------

Seventy-two hours.

Seventy-two hours, without food, and without water. Having walked all the way back to L'manberg the night he was ambushed. Tommy felt like he was dying, his whole body ached for hydration. His mouth was so dry that his voice cracked every time he attempted to speak. The thirst was by far worse than the hunger, but there was still a dull ache in his stomach that twisted angrily every now and again.

Quackity had been keeping him company more than anyone else. Sometimes the others would step in. They never really said much. Just making sure he was still alive.

Tommy was waiting. Waiting for Dream most of all.

If not Dream, then Techno.

Someone must be coming to save him. Tommy was already aware of why he was still alive, that reason being so they could capture Technoblade and attempt again at executing the man.