𝟛𝟞 - 𝕃𝕚𝕢𝕦𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕖 & ℂ𝕙𝕠𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖

trigger warning - mentions of blood and injury. starts after the Chocolate collage (and italics) then ends at the repeat of the collage.

Dinner was rather rushed by Ophelia for two reasons; one, she wanted to get back to Remus like she had promised

Dinner was rather rushed by Ophelia for two reasons; one, she wanted to get back to Remus like she had promised. But more importantly, she didn't want the chance to see Severus Snape because she was sure her reaction wouldn't be pretty. As the year had progressed Ophelia had felt a bond grow between herself, the Marauders and the girls that was almost indescribable; what she could describe them was that they were family. So when Severus had blatantly tried to ruin that for his own self gain and revenge, it quickly became the most angry Ophelia had been in her life.

No matter how angry she may of felt right now though, she couldn't help but worry about Remus felt about it all too. So as soon as the deserts appeared on the tables in front of her, Ophelia grabbed a few chocolate brownies and wrapped them tightly in some napkins before quickly leaving the hall.

Once Ophelia entered the Hospital wing she looked over to where Remus' bed was, his curtain drawn back like it had been earlier.

"Mr Lupin is asleep." Madam Pomfrey spoke whilst treating another student who appeared to enlarged front teeth.

"Oh, ok. Is it alright if I leave this brownie here for him? Then at least he knows I came to visit." Ophelia replied. Part of her was disappointed that she wouldn't get some time with Remus alone once more; but the other side of her was happy to know he was resting.

"Of course." Madam Pomfrey offered a smile as further permission.

Ophelia took the brownie from her bag and quietly placed it on the bedside table. Without meaning to she felt herself stare at Remus whilst he slept, he looked so relaxed and even happy regardless of the cruel life he had to live. All of his inner beauty and kindness shone on his face whilst he dreamt causing Ophelia's heart to break for what felt like the millionth time that day.

"Mr Lupin is an extremely valiant individual." Madam Pomfrey had moved to behind Ophelia, noticing the pause in the girls movements.

"He shouldn't have to be though, nobody should endure that." A silence followed after Ophelia responded, but she could sense the matron was still there. "Is it painful?"

"I believe so. I try my best to relieve the pain before and after a transformation, but the actual transformation itself I cannot help with." Disappointment was evident in Madam Pomfrey's voice, showing Ophelia how much the care of her patients and students were to her.

"Thank you for being there for him all this time."

"It is my job, and I will make sure this young man will never die whilst under my care at Hogwarts." Certainty and confidence returned to Madam Pomfrey's tone, healing was her calling in life and she wasn't someone who liked to fail either.

"I wish I could help him." Ophelia sighed, looking back at Remus who remained sleeping.

"You helped him today without even realising it."Madam Pomfrey rested a hand on Ophelia's shoulder as she spoke. "Mr Lupin just needs unconditional love and I feel you could give him just that."