17

october 19 2020

october 19 2020

lucas snorted as she pulled the pack of oreos out under her hoodie while smiling lovingly at it.

"d'you want some?" she asked, hearing said giggles come from the seat next to her.

no verbal response was given, only a small smile and a hand being held out waiting for a cookie to be placed in it, though not taking his eyes off the road.

elisa plopped an oreo in his hand, not wasting any time in splitting her own in half and eating out the videos as she always did.

out of the corner of her eye, she saw him bite the cookie whole, not bothering to eat it any other way.

"you're a sociopath!" she exclaimed in horror, causing lucas to burst out laughing once more.

"what?- i don't even-"

"screw driving, we could crash and as long as you ate the oreo any different way  everything would be fine" she waved her hands around over dramatically as lucas wheeze-cackled.

"here, try again" she passed him another cookie and grabbed the side of the wheel gently, ready to take over steering while lucas still had his feet on the gas and break.

he split the oreo open the "right" way and eating it before taking over the wheel again, not really trusting elisa with it since she kept swerving slightly out of the lane.

"do you have your driver's license?" the question blurted out of his mouth, somewhat knowing the answer already.

she scoffed on faux-offense before exclaiming indignantly "i'll have you know that i- " she cut herself and sighed "no... i don't. it's just- stop laughing!"

no response was given, nor demand taken, as he kept cackling at her pain. after a few seconds, she let out a few soft chuckles herself.

"you know you never gave me your address, i just kinda started driving in a direction" lucas informed, passing his phone to her to put in her address. she only snorted and typed it in.

•••

"so... who was that boy you came home with?" karl asked suggestively, raising an eyebrow and giggling like a schoolgirl.

"oh! you know the guy who i met at the mini golf place? yeah that's him. apparently we go to the same school and both like to camp out in bathrooms when we go to parties." elisa snorted, completely oblivious to karl's hint.

"maybe we can have him over for dinner or something" kara hummed warmly. elisas mother absolutely loved setting up the house for having people over, it being one of her specialties.

elisa only hummed in response, thinking about how much fun she had than if she were to stick with georgia. she always told herself she should cut georgia off, them being a toxic person to be around in general, but the fear of them dropping her address on the internet scared her enough to just put up with it.

she also didn't really have that many friends overall, just lots of acquaintances she meets and goofs off in class. elisa knows that online friends count as friends too, but it's different when you're sitting at a table alone in the middle of the cafeteria.

someone elisa truly missed was amari. yes, the two still go to school together, and yes, julia also sat at a table alone, but elisa cared more about her and her brothers privacy more than her happiness.

"i think i'm going to go to bed" elisa muttered with a tired smile before giving her mother, father, and brother a kiss on the cheek.

• VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED •